Observations about last nights meeting...

by DATA-DOG 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

So if Jesus is Abaddon & Michael....both mentioned in Revelations...

"nuf said...I digress..

Legacy

• pixel
    pixel

In Revelation, according to the GB/WT/FDS, Jesus is "Jesus", "Michael", "Abaddon", "A lamb", "The Alpha and the Omega", "The Beggining and the End".

But according to the latest WT, he can have all of those names but Emmanuel. Of course contradicting Mat. 1:23.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

One outstanding point was that Jehovah(tm) does not change. Everything he does has "love" as the motivating force behind it.

----

yeah, that's what I always think of when I reflect on the genocides the Israelites were ordered to instigate against non-Israelites, including the murder of infants and the slaughter of all the animals and taking the virgins as sex slaves. That has love written all over it.

Striking Miriam with leprosy- totally loving.

Jehovah of the OT and Christianity under Christ. Yup, no change there...exactly the same.

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

In Revelation, according to the GB/WT/FDS, Jesus is "Jesus", "Michael", "Abaddon", "A lamb", "The Alpha and the Omega", "The Beggining and the End".

Six characters in search of an actor.

• heathen
    heathen

I remember going over that when it was first put out , they do down play jesus as the only example of integrity of consequence , everyone one else were mere examples of how GOD can forgive the repentent even if it appears they don't deserve it and caused others to suffer and die , such as king david . The apostle Paul stressed imitating jesus . I don't know that I've seen a WT article stressing that , they may have made small mention of the scripture that paul wrote .

• steve2
    steve2

Yes sirree Jehovah doesn't change. He was a genocidal maniac back then and is a genocidal maniac today. Love-ly.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Does it seem strange that the WT study was about the elders and now the Service Meeting. Is there a problem with the flock following the elders dictatorial rules? Apparantly the GB is trying to correct this.

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

If the flock is restless, their attention drifting, coalesce their resolve around a new, Golden Calf.

[Insert picture of The Great Eight, here.]

• heathen
    heathen

why should anyone listen to the elders or the GB ? They will always do the same dance of they are not prophets or spirit inspired but at the same time holy spirit provided the elders .. How screwed up is that?Absolute cognizant dissonance , the whole FDS dogma was about providing spiritual food at the proper time , how can you do that if not inspired ? Crazy nonsense they keep coming up with . I believe it pure blaspheme

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I have also been drafted for mid week meetings lately. The only respite is that since I had to download the "Draw Close " book onto my Kindle to get the new version, I can read a book of choice whilst pretending to follow the meeting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit