I've only JUST worked this out....

by quellycatface 17 Replies latest jw friends

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Many times at the KH I heard the various brothers boasting how the KH had good numbers in attendance and the churches of Christendom did not.

I 've just worked out why this is; you cannot leave. You either Fade, get DF'd or DA yourself. Talk about Hobson's Choice.

Talk about me seeing the light!!!

I wonder how many who attend the KH really want to be there?

Sorry for being such a wally and not realising this for so long (14 years), or so.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Often asked this myself. My guess 60%

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Not to mention.. Field Service.

You are judged on the amount of hours you put on that slip.. What do you suppose would happen if the org decided that reporting time was contrary to Matthew 6:1,2?

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

Better late than never... ;)

But serious: I think many are feeling that way...

It is like a fly trap... you can get in but you can not get out

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Many times at the KH I heard the various brothers boasting how the KH had good numbers in attendance and the churches of Christendom did not.

This for a start is complete BS! Round my neck of the woods the Church attendance is BIG! One church gets 1,000 there.

I 've just worked out why this is; you cannot leave. You either Fade, get DF'd or DA yourself. Talk about Hobson's Choice.

Typical cult. there is no dignified way to leave.

We've asked this before. Loads I recon!

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Meeting attendance is just a habit for most long time JW's. It was for me, but even deeply ingrained, bad habits can be broken. Was a jw for 60 years so been to about 16,000 meetings not counting all the endlessly tiring 'elder' meetings. Add them all up and here I am--an apostate. Some of us just take longer to see ttatt.

eyeuse2badub

• jgnat
    jgnat

Meeting attendance is suffering in the mountains. This holds for all churches including the Kingdom Hall. They had a Special Needs talk in Hinton about too many people using the dial-in option. I swear attendance suffers any place where Mother Nature holds sway.

Columbia Icefields

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

In my neck of the woods also, both Catholic and Protestant churches are thriving. The truth matters not. If attendance was dwindling, "Christendom's waters are drying up" and JWs will feel superior. If attendance is thriving, "They go because they like having their ears tickled - it's not real godly devotion" and JWs will feel superior.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

The average church size in the USA goes between 100 and 200 regularly attending members.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

But I don't want to be judged if I want to miss a few meetings. I suffer from bipolar, so I get really down some days and others are mega. I don't want what was at the KH. It was'nt always easy getting to meetings and I don't want the guilt trip all over again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit