I have often seen JW`s supposed beleif of 1925 as the end .....It`s not what I remember

by smiddy 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Spot on Blondie!

The only thing that booze Rutherford ever said that I believe is "Religion is a SNARE and a RACKET"!

• bruh2012
    bruh2012

So how in the world was these so called resurrected "worthys" suppose to get from the middle east to cali-fornia!!

Were they suppose to be resurrected in the same location and get together and say "Hey welcome back- we have a meeting with (the faithful and discreet slave) brother Rutherford- let's go" and how would they know to look up Rutherford and not Brooklyn bethel!

WOW

• wizzstick
  • Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I laugh about the Princes. My mom told me about the Princes. It was never mentioned at KH. She diid not want us believing in Armgaeddon.

She believed it with her whole heart. There was some convention closer to the mansion than Brooklyn was. She sewed a special outfit to wear to meet Kings David and Solomon. The crowd was so eager. Rutherford stood up and gave the lecture. Some different understanding.

Has anyone seen the film Last Temptation of Christ? The book is better but the visual opportunities the film presented were great. Scorcese shows Lazarus being resurrected. I don't recall why but Lazarus received no new body a la the WT. His body had started to decompose. If I recall correctly, some zealots murder him b/c they don't like Jesus not confronting Rome.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Smiddy, you were wrong.

You could have remedied that by doing some research instead of pulling your idea out of your butt, but LOOK! so many were willing to do the hard lifting for you.

Thus your slothful lazy ways are rewarded. How nice for you.

What other ridiculous erroneous notions would you like to spout? Feel free...

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

'No doubt Satan believed the Millennial Kingdom was due to be set-up in 1915...Be that as it may, there is evidence that the establishment of the Kingdom in Palestine will probably be in 1925, ten years later than we once calculated.' (Studies In The Scriptures, Vol 7, The Finished Mystery, p. 128)

Note:

1. this is promoting Zionism, which the WTS later rejected as a "satanic" concept,

2. apparently Satan firmly believes the same things that the WTS and Rutherford believed!

---

"This chronology is not of man but of God . . . of divine origin . . . absolutely and unqualifiedly correct."
    --Watchtower 7/15/1922, p.217

"1914 ended the Gentile times. . . . The date 1925 is even more distinctly indicated by the Scriptures. . . . by then the great crisis will be reached and probably passed."
    --Watchtower 9/1/1922, p.262

"1925 is definitely settled by the Scriptures. . . . the Christian has much more upon which to base his faith than Noah had (so far as the Scriptures reveal) upon which to base his faith in the coming deluge."
    --Watchtower 4/1/1923, p.106

"The year 1925 is a date definitely and clearly marked in the Scriptures, even more clearly than that of 1914"
    --Watchtower 7/15/1924, p.211

"But some of their time calculations and the expectations that they associated with these gave rise to serious disappointments. Following 1925, meeting attendance dropped dramatically in some congregations in France and Switzerland. Again, in 1975, there was disappointment when expectations regarding the start of the Millennium failed to materialize. As a result, some withdrew from the organization." -Jehovah’s Witnesses-Proclaimers of God’s Kingdom, 1993, p. 633

• kaik
    kaik

The Finished Mystery (1921):

No doubt Satan believed the Millennial Kingdom was due to be set up in 1915; and no doubt, also, he knew that seven years prior to the time of the setting up of that kingdom the restraints upon the evil spirits would be lifted. Be that as it may, there is evidence that the establishment of the Kingdom In Palestine will probably be in 1925, ten years later than we once calculated. The 70 jubilees, reckoned as 50 years each, expire October, 1925. (B186.) Gen. 15:1-16:3, read connectedly, indicates that Abraham's vision as to when he would receive the Kingdom was not granted until ten
    years after the Covenant was made, or 2035 B. C. The ages of the animals offered aggregated eleven years, which, applied prophetically, on the scale of a year for a day, equal 3960 years, the length of time from the date of the visions to A. D. 1925 (Z/07-79). It seems conclusive that the hour of Nominal Zion's travail is fixed for the Passover of 1918. (See Rev. 3:14.) That will be 7 years prior to 1925.

Additionally

This vision of the prophet Ezekiel depicts the established theocratic Kingdom of God on earth, civil and religious, spiritual and earthly. While the Temple is an architectural possibility, as shown In the accompanying Illustrations, (and may be erected at Jerusalem), It, in its various parts,
    surroundings, rites and worshippers, is a type and symbol of "better things to come," after the wars, revolutions and anarchy of the period from 1114 to 1925 have passed. The Time of the establishment 'of the Kingdom In power is indicated as "In the fourteenth year after that the city
    (Christendom) was smitten"—or thirteen years after 1918, viz.. in 1931.—Ezek. 40:1.

Finished mystery as part of Studies in the scriptures (1917):

Be that as it may, there is evidence that the establishment of the Kingdom in Palestine will probably be in 1925, ten years later than we once
    calculated. The 70 jubilees, reckoned as 50 years each, expire October, 1925. (B186.) Gen. 15:1-16:3, read connectedly, indicates that Abraham's
    vision as to when he would receive the Kingdom was not granted until ten years after the Covenant was made, or 2035 B. C. The ages of the animals offered aggregated eleven years, which, applied prophetically, on the scale of a year for a day, equal 3960 years, the length of time from the date of the visions to A. D. 1925

• smiddy
    smiddy

Smiddy, you were wrong.

You could have remedied that by doing some research instead of pulling your idea out of your butt, but LOOK! so many were willing to do the hard lifting for you.

Thus your slothful lazy ways are rewarded. How nice for you.

What other ridiculous erroneous notions would you like to spout? Feel free...

GEEEEZ , Nathan , Dont hold back on giving me a serve , give me a break . I`m 74 yeares old , been out of the borg for over 20 years , and was just relying on my feeble memory about the 1925 date and how I remembered it. Seriously, no offence taken I actually had a chuckle over your response .

Thanks to everybody else who responded to this post to set me straight about 1925.

smiddy

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello there Smiddy

On page 76 in the Proclaimers book shows a picture of Beth Sarim

That's " Tangible " proof of thier one of many false prophecies

" and the purpose of acquiring that property and building the house was that there might be tangible proof that there are those on earth today who fully believe God and Christ jesus and his Kingdom, and who believe that the faithful men of old will soon be resurrected by the Lord, be back on earth, and take charge of the visible affairs."______Proclaimers book page 76

" From 1929 on, Brother rutherford spent the winters working at a San Diego residence he had built with funds that were a direct contribution for that purpose."_____Proclaimers book page 76

Eyeus2badub

Rutherford knew what he was talkin' bout

he knew how racketeers rolled, and played the game well

It was said he even drove the same type of automoble as Al Capone

I can't post pics

But it was posted on this board Rutherfords and Capones car side by side

LOL

Both had a taste for the high life

and lived off the backs of the poor

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Smiddy, I over-reacted. What you did was perfectly normal and OK. Please forgive me.

Really, I'm not being facetious or insincere as far as you can tell.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit