Could i possily be one of the sealed?

by msconcerned 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• msconcerned
    msconcerned

I went to the meeting last night, (with the start of a beard) and going throught he BOOK study i had a thought. God our "heavenly father" wants us to have a personal relationship with him because he IS love. Well my brain disconnected from this thinking because IF the bible was "written primarily for the anointed" and the benefits in the bible can only be mine because of "association" with the anointed, then i can never have a personal relationship with God or Jesus.

I guess the real crux of the matter for christians is was the bible written for all or only for 144000?

Until we straighten that out its all just a confusing mess. What say you?

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

I would like an asnswer to this too if you find one.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Sealed what? 144K?

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Why not spend your time on the basics first eh, like learning how and why we have the bible we have and what that knowledge means for you.

Does the bible stand up to real scrutiny?

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

(Isaiah 45:22) . . .Turn to me and be saved, all YOU [at the] ends of the earth . . .

(Acts 17:30) . . .yet now [God] is telling mankind that they should all everywhere repent. [This was said in the first century AD when, supposedly, according to the WT, God was only collecting the 144,000]

(1 Timothy 2:3, 4) . . .This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, 4 whose will is that all sorts of men should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth.

(2 Timothy 3:16, 17) . . .All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work. . .

(2 Peter 3:9) . . .Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.

(Revelation 22:17) . . .let anyone that wishes take life’s water free.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Not a believer any more but when I was exiting the JWs I considered what the bible has to say.

As Bobcat summarized above, there is no reason at all to believe in a two-tier system. That is unless you run a cult and you want to soak your membership for money and time. That seems to describe the WT system.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Truly sealed.....

• abbagail
    abbagail

...IF the bible was "written primarily for the anointed...

It wasn't.

...and the benefits in the bible can only be mine because of "association" with the anointed...

Not true. The benefits in the Bible, especially Paul's prison epistles for the current age of grace ("undeserved kindness") can be yours through Jesus Christ DIRECTLY, the Head of the Body of believers, & not via mortal men, the "fake anointed class" of WT Fame.

...then i can never have a personal relationship with God or Jesus.

See above.

...was the bible written ... only for 144.000?

An emphatic No! :) But seriously, No!

Could i possily be one of the sealed?

Are you a Hebrew child from any of these tribes of Israel?

And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of ALL the TRIBES of the children of ISRAEL.

1. Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand.
    2. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand.
    3. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand.
    4. Of the tribe of Aser were sealed twelve thousand.
    5. Of the tribe of Nepthalim were sealed twelve thousand.
    6. Of the tribe of Manasses were sealed twelve thousand.
    7. Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed twelve thousand.
    8. Of the tribe of Levi were sealed twelve thousand.
    9. Of the tribe of Issachar were sealed twelve thousand.
    10. Of the tribe of Zabulon were sealed twelve thousand.
    11. Of the tribe of Joseph were sealed twelve thousand.
    12. Of the tribe of Benjamin were sealed twelve thousand.

If not, then, No, you are not "sealed" as one of the 144,000 Israelites. (Don't let WT's "allegorizing" & "spiritualizing" of literal scriptures throw you off. Read the verses in their context, read it for what it exactly says & not what WT SAYS it says; ie, who was speaking to whom in those verses?, or in this case ABOUT WHOM? Answer = Tribes of Israel, not Tribes of Gentiles, nor Tribes of the WT-GB! The sealing of the 144,000 hasn't even begun yet so it can't be the Gentile GB anyway. Revelation is chronological. It hasn't even BEGUN yet. It is also a very Hebrew book written to bolster believing Hebrews during the FUTURE Tribulation. It will be during that time that the 144,000 are sealed for a witness work they will do DURING the Tribulation. Learning to "righly divide" Scripture as to who is talking to/about whom, will clear up all this type of confusion that the WT has flooded the JWs with for over a century. What applies to National-Israel-as-a-nation-whole applies to National-Israel. What applies to Individual-Gentiles-Everywhere in any/all Nations applies to the Gentiles.)

You have a better opportunity in the here & now (as does any Hebrew who might wake up), to be SEALED permanently with an unbreakable seal by the HOLY SPIRIT unto the day of redemption:

http://www.gotquestions.org/Holy-Spirit-seal.html

Hope this helps a little! ;)

~~

PS: That photo above this comment is hilarious!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

The 144k are no more the anointed then any other Christian, if fact most scholars believe the anointed represent the alive Christians at the time of the tri ulation breaking out that's why they are sealed in the first place. And if you read chapter 5 of revelations you'll find the greatcrowd crowd represent the dead Christians. Finally there are a ton of scriptures that say if you believe in Jesus or do bis fathers will then you are a son of god, ie anointed. Don't let anyone take that away from you.

• kaik
    kaik

2 Abbagail:

None of the tribes of Israel exists anymore. Not everyone who is a citizen of Israel is Jew and not every Jew is interested to live in Israel. How I know? I am married to one. None of the mentioned tribes of the Revelation has whatsoever association with a current state of Israel, where majority of people do not give a rat about Revelation. To whom John wrote and dedicated his book is a guess that is 1900 years old. Back in the 100AD the early Christians were already confused on the meaning of the book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit