Bizarre exchange with witness after being away for a year..

by Dis-Member 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• RunAsFastAsYouCan
    RunAsFastAsYouCan

blah blah blah blah blah blah.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

I did not state you were harrassing her; I said it could be construed as harrassment.

Pardon? Someone who used to be a friend texts me.. and I text them back and ask a few questions on the subject they spoke to me about.. and I can be accused of harrasment!!?

I think we live on different planets mate.

• mynameislame
  • jwfacts
    jwfacts

She initiated contact, which basically constituted spam. You had every right to question her over her actions.

I doubt she will contact you again, but if she does, in order to gloat how Jehovah intervened, since the court decided the ban was not legal, ask why Jehovah has not bothered to intervene in China, where jw.org is blocked and unaccessible to one fifth of the world's population.

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

steve2 why are you BASHING dis=member on his good work? he went easy one the j dub zombie and asked though provocking questions.. Steve2 harrassment? my ass. do you live on the good ship lollipop. were only wt zombies can speak their mind. great work dis-member you keep hitting them between the eyes anytime they have the nerve to get the crap kicked out of their pie in the sky. and bring them back down to earth. judge rutherFRAUD

• steve2
    steve2

steve2 why are you BASHING dis=member on his good work? he went easy one the j dub zombie and asked though provocking questions.. Steve2 harrassment? my ass.

If I come across as bashing dis-member, I do apologize. I want to be open to feedback on how I am coming across. So thanks for the feedback.

I take it that when posters are courageous enough to share their experiences, they realize they will get a variety of responses and, actually in dis-members case, out of the many responses, mine alone questioned him. The overall consensus is he did fine!

In my opinion, though, it was not so much whathe texted (he raised some really good points); it was more the method (successive texts that he kept sending even though he was getting no replies). It was that aspect - and that aspect alone - that I questioned. It's a shame that my words came across as "bashing" (to quote you). I was careful to say that his texts 'could be construed as harrassing' - I did not say they were. Yes, I acknowledge the Witness texted dis-member first; she initiated contact no question. But if she exits the exchange - for whatever reason - and she continues to receive separate texts, one after the other, with still more questions that are perceived as critical of her religious beliefs, that's where I begin to see how it could be construed by her as harrassment.

Again, my apologies about any poor choice of words or tone in my replies. Overall, I think dis-member was fully entitled to respond in the first instance the way he did. As I even stated, he was neither rude nor offensive. It's just that his subsequent separate texts left me uneasy.

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

steve the whole point to make a jw uncomfortable for their actions. they like to spit out so called spritual food and EXPECT TO GO UN CHALLANGED. when a knowledgable person questions a jw the dub tries to run away. I have learned to persist the dubs and drag them in the mud for opening their mouth. I show them NO QUARTER. and make them pay for their actions. then after that I let them know they have run into A buss saw. I tell them straight to thier faces thay are spritual drunkards. and never no idea what the hell they are preaching , then i offer to study with them the 1914 wt s to see if jesus really choose the wt as the fds. dis-member hit this zombie clear up side her head. trust me her sail folded in the wind, wheather she will admitt it or not she was shaken.

• steve2
    steve2

JunkYardDog, I do see that your approach is different from mine - but the intent is the same (i.e., to help the Witnesses realize they do not have the truth).

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

I think it's a bit weird that she even contacted you.the jw's don't have much social etiquette, imo.

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

I am also confused about how asking a series of questions is harrassment. Once she said she didn't want to hear from him again he didn't persist after sending a sign-off message reminding her that she had initiated the contact. It is a stretch to construe this as harrassment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit