I could do with some help please?

by chrisuk 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• honeybee78
    honeybee78

I think you SHOULD sow a few little seeds of doubt. Go for it Chris!!!!! xxx

• chrisuk
    chrisuk

Lmao Mary. I could leave my copy on the coffee table lol. honeybee78 - I'm going to plant as many seeds as possible. I like this elder, he's a really great guy. And I really think that if just one of the seeds plants he's the kinda guy that will research, research, research! But I could be wrong. I'd just like to help him if I can.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Chris, I don't believe in the bible at all, but I think leaving the JW's is a healthy step, with that in mind.

GO back and ask the elder

Do you believe we should immitate the last supper as jesus told us to?

Next, ask who were the first anointed, he will say the people in the upper room in 33 CE, when the spirit came down and 'anointed' them with fire on their heads and they spoke in tongues. This is JW doctrine.

This was well after jesus died. So when he broke the bread and wine and said keep doing this..... it was to a room full of non anointed people.

The first 'memorial' was of non anointed and that was the guide for how it should be done.

Wait for an answer, for every EXCUSE he makes, ask, are you not offering a different memorial setting than the one jesus had written in the bible for us?

To appease my conscience, when you eventually leave, please come back and ask about evoluion :P deal? ha ha xx

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Chrisuk- A biggie for us, was Rev 7:5-9 if those 12 tribes are SYMBOLIC [according to JW's] then how can they get a LITERAL number of 144,000 from symbolic tribes?

Rev 5:10 in other translations it says ON the earth, not OVER, they misunderstand this to mean humans will go to heaven. Even a King here on earth can be said to rule OVER his kingdom, but he's still here on earth. Even their own Kingdom Interlinear says ON the earth.

• RunAsFastAsYouCan
    RunAsFastAsYouCan

Dude, Revelations is nonsense written by some dude on bad acid trip.

This cult puts up with lies, extortion, emotional blackmail, fraud, ambient abuse, destroying families and lives...... just about anything unless you turn against the pathetic cult itself. Once you do that your dead. Anything else is okay, however.

• chrisuk
    chrisuk

snare&racket - I've never been a JW. I was a long term study but I never took the plunge. You advice is excellent and I will be using that exact line of reasoning. Thank you. I no longer believe the bible either and I'm looking into evolution already :)

• chrisuk
    chrisuk

Newly Enlightend - Thank you, you make a couple of very good points.

• chrisuk
    chrisuk

RunAsFastAsYouCan - I agree with everything yousay. But I'd like to try and help this elder see TTATT. I'm not sure of my chances, He's also the PO, of course he and his wife are pioneers and have been for over 30 years. his 2 grown up daughters are pioneers and his son wants to go to bethell. So he's pretty hardcore. Still if I can plant a seed or 2, then I will. I can only try.

• heathen
    heathen

Interesting synapsis ,searcher . I remember reading all of that in the bible , tho the 2 folds of sheep is taken out of context I still believe in the 2 types of chrisitians , the bible calls one the little flock then it mentions the great crowd which doesn't happen until the end time , the little flock are all martyred, the great crowd are shown as surviving the end and into eternity and having jesus wipe the tears from their eyes , I do have my own take on the events , believe it possible that the city of new jerusalem is literal and it is shown as descending and ascending it may be a space ship of some sort of which will house humanity for the millenial reign , like a noahs ark if you will . It may land on earth , I can't see anyway for humanity to survive the restoration of paradise without a refuge from the shifting contenents and earth being tilted back the way it was before noahs flood . The WTBTS thinks they'll make it in the kindom hall , I find that highly unlikely.

• chrisuk
    chrisuk

Heathen - Do you think every Christian should partake of the bread and wine?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit