Buyer was Jehovah's Witness

by ballistic 16 Replies latest jw friends

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

KONCEPTUAL99 - Wow!! 1 or 2 on a map!! You should see some of our territory - I know of two maps where there are streams of DNCs on them!! More and more are aware of how to stop their door being knocked.

One brother I used to work with (before I began fading) used to deliberately call on DNC's "just to make sure their wishes were being observed". :) He actually started a Bible study with one of them!!

Phizzy - No one here OFFICIALLY checks on the DNCs once per year as is suggested. Elders are too busy!!

• steve2
    steve2

Gone are the days when elders kept track of ex-Witnesses changes of addresses. One great thing about the increasingly burdensome elders' roles is they are so damn busy with the congregations they cannot possibly keep up to date with the 'disappearing acts' of those wanting to leave.

• GonzoX
    GonzoX

Personally I think our neighbors should be instructed to tell witnesses, when they come to the door, that they are an apostate.

If the DNC list is filled with apostates, who are they gonna bother?

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I tell all my friends tell the JW's you are an apostate and please don't come again...

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

That's about the best chance you can give someone of being guaranteed to be put on the DNC list, though I have to wonder how plausible it is if someone just says, "I'm an apostate"

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

It doesn't matter that the JW you are talking to may have an inkling you are not really an Apostate by their definition, they will run away anyway at the mention of the word, and put the name down on the DNC list to "protect" their fellow JDubs.

Great Idea !

• ballistic
    ballistic

Part of the reason for me asking if the DNC list was still going is that in the UK was the data protection act. I guess it depends if the information is "personally identifiable" e.g. name and address?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit