Born-in memories, etc this is my first post, guys ;-)

by ThunderStruck52 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• flipper
    flipper

Thunderstruck, sent you a private E-mail. Please check. Thanks ! Have a great day ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• dog is god
    dog is god

Hey girl, welcome. I'm in my early 60s but the one assembly I'll never forget is the 8 day one in the rose bowl. I was in grade s hool and have no memory of one word they said. Possibly from the echoing sound system, the droning and slow paced hypnotic speakers, or the extreme heat with not a hint of air movement. I literally passed out from the heat. I came too on a cot in a tent with a ton of other people who had passed out. All the Others are just a cluster of bad memories.

the saluting of the flag. I went to kindergarten and the teaCher was telling the class that we were going to learn the flag salute.......except me.....I don't have to. I was stunned with embarrassment and mortified. I wish my mom would have given me a heads up. From then on I was part really part of the normal class. I was as an onlooker and present but not part of anything. What a terrible thing to do to yur kid.

I really hear what you are saying and remembering.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

-Tang! Oh, I haven't seen Tang referenced in a long time. I grew up in submarine land. Not the yellow submarine- though I went to a special showing of Yellow Submarine. Hoagies - Subs. I used to beg my mom for Tang. She was annoyed b/c she served us orange juice. Velveeta was served rather than cheese.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit