Born-in memories, etc this is my first post, guys ;-)

by ThunderStruck52 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• Fernando
    Fernando

Welcome Thunderstruck52.

Congratulations on achieving a new normal life and family.

Thank you too for enriching this community by sharing your story and journey.

Greetings and blessings

Fernando

SE QLD, Australia

• cult classic
    cult classic

Hi there TS52. Ugh, the isolationist practises during the school years was the worst, wasn't it?

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Welcome. Love your name. One of my favorite songs!

Skeeter

• clarity
    clarity

Welcome to this site Thunder! Enjoy every minute!

clarity

• Londo111
    Londo111

Welcome, Thunderstruck!

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome TS52 glad to have you on board

smiddy

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Well, we grew up in the same neck of the woods, I guess. I remember the assemblies at Dodger Stadium, Long Beach and Norco. Norco, up highway 15 somewhere north of San Diego.

Welcome!

• never a jw
    never a jw

Welcome!

Lived in the east part of the San Fernando Valley and attending with my wife a Hispanic congregation in the same area, I can relate to Dodger Stadium, Long Beach, Norco (brings bad memories because I stupidly gave permission to my 16 y.o. daughter to get baptised in the CC of 2012, stupid honor kept mefrom backtracking even though I had already good knowledge of the cult at the time she dipped into the baptismal waters) As my name indicates, I have never been a JW, but I know as much or more than JW's about their doctrines and history. In fact, it is their wierd undefensible theology that has thrown me into the most interesting research of my life: Archaeology, a bit of languages, ancient history, evolution and genetics, bible scholarship, psychology, history of early christianity, etc. I owe a big debt to many great posters here for that research.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Welcome, Thunderstruck52. I'm glad you find us worth your while.

Let us entertain you...

I have a confession to make... I fantasize about you...

I left in the mid 1970s after about 20 years involvement. I am now in my mid 60s.

Whenever I read a happy comment such as yours, for a fleeting second my imagination fires up and I wonder if you (the new poster here) might be one of the JW kids I grew up with. It hasn't happened yet (I have found a couple former JW friends, but never on this board).

There were SO many of us back then - kids who were JWs simply because they had no choice. It is sad beyond all understanding that so few of that great crowd of kids never developed the courage to admit to themselves that Mom & Dad made a stupid decision 'way back when.

• flipper
    flipper

THUNDERSTRUCK- It's really nice to have you here ! You are among friends who have shared like experiences. I'm so happy for you that you, your husband , and children are free of this destructive mind control cult. Being born and raised in the JW's like you I didn't get a lot of support or compliments growing up either. I had a very strict elder dad who let me know that I was a " good for nothing slave and what I did was wat I ought to have done " - as that crazy scripture used to say. So I understand what you experienced. But now my self esteem has really gone way up after exiting the Witnesses 10 years ago at age 44. My business is successful, I play guitar and sing and write songs and perform at open mikes now - and I have a great marriage to a non-JW wonderful lady. So life dOES get better, not like the JW's told us that we'd allegedly " fall apart " if we left the organization. Quite the opposite- life gets better ! Take care, we are here as a support to you friend. By the way- my wife and I live in Northern California so if you ever want to talk I'll PM you our phone number, O.K. ? Check your PMs. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit