A look into the devil's workshop

by spectromize 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• larc
    larc

Spec,

It may be just an expression to you but it has far more meaning than that to the Society.

• TR
    TR

Eyes,

What bothers me is that admittedly imperfect men <a group of about 10 men> Get together and vote on things that are going to effect millions of Jehovah's Witnesses lives, and these Jehovah's Witnesses, if they wish to remain a member in good standing must adhere to whatever *rules* these imperfect men come up with in their secret meetings. They vote!

Spec,

Did you know that the GB proposed at one time that the launching of the Soviet "sputnik" satellite was to be "new light"? Of course, it was voted down by the GB. Why then, were not the GB members that proposed it disciplined for apostasy? They came up with a new doctrine that supposedly didn't come from Jehovah, but since the GB votes on doctrinal matters that JW's eventually have to follow, anything can be proposed without sanction! Too weird.

TR

• larc
    larc

Hey Spec, how goes it?

You said earlier that we should not have "blind devotion to a group of men." I, and some others here, have taken this a step further. We have no devotion whatsoever to a group of men. Also, you said that "imperfect men can only teach you so much about God." After reviewing the track record of the men we are discussing, I have concluded that there is virtualy nothing they can teach me. I would rather rely on my own intellectual resources than their's.

Over the years, I have practiced tything. I gave myself 10% in a 401k plan. As a result, I have retired to a comfortable, relatively care free life. I think my "prophesy" of the future was more accurate than the "group of men" we have been discussing.

Also, practiced pioneering. I spent about a 100 hours a month early on in getting a better education, which allowed me to multiply my talents, rather than keeping them hidden.

Well, you probably think I should be more humble. My believing sister told me that once. I told her that I thought the Society should be more humble. That was a real conversation stopper.

• battman
    battman

Check out home.online.no/~jansh/wteng/godorg1.htm for an excellent
    presentation on the subject "Does God use an Organization? It seems
    many of the comments and relies center around the concept of this
    that having a well thought out discussion would be helpfull.

Keep on searching and asking

battman

• Gozz
    Gozz

happytobefree, you wrote:

"I don't think it is possible for humans to wait on Jehovah. To wait is to imply that we are ahead of Jehovah in thinking. This is a term that I have always found presumptious (sp?). And it is always the answer the WTBS and JW give when they have no answer."

That sounds like sound reasoning to me. Thanks.

• eyes_opened
    eyes_opened

Battman

Excellent article, thanks for posting.

"One Persons Heresy Is Anothers Truth"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit