A look into the devil's workshop

by spectromize 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Eyes,
    I love your reasoning. You voice, very well might I add, the very thoughts that I have floating around in my head.
    Keep posting, it helps voice my sometimes confused thoughts.
    TW

• spectromize
    spectromize

Dear happy to be free,

You make a very good point about we should rely on Jehovah.

But please take note depending on the language you speak and the nationality you are, waiting on Jehovah may not mean being presumptious at all but could also convey reliance on Jehovah.

But all points taken it is extremely important as you have said to completely rely on Jehovah God free from presumptiousness that we know better.

PS- Please keep in mind that Jehovah God past and present Has used faithful slaves to carry out His will.

• spectromize
    spectromize

Dear eyes opened,

No one ever asked you to give blind devotion to a group of men. You are getting your loyalties confused.

Imperfect men can only teach you so much about God. You must do the rest yourself thru effort. The advice from the Master is:" Exert yourselfs vigourously..."

• thinker
    thinker

Dear Spec,
    You stated:

No one ever asked you to give blind devotion to a group of men. You are getting your loyalties confused.

Please give me your interpretations of the following quotes:WT 10/01/67 pg. 590
    "...Jehovah poured out his spirit upon them and assigned them the responsibility of serving as his sole visible channel, through whom alone spiritual instruction was to come. Those who recognize Jehovah's visible theocratic organization, therefore, must recognize and accept this appointment of the "faithful and discreet slave" and be submissive to it."

*** w52 2/1 80 Jehovah's Theocratic Organization Today ***

12 Now some may ask, Should we accept as from the Lord and true the food provided through the discreet slave, or should we withhold acceptance until we have proved it for ourselves? If we have gained our present understanding of the Bible by feeding at the table set by the slave, if we have been thereby freed from false doctrines and built up in the clean and undefiled worship of God and given a new world hope, we should have some confidence in the slave’s provisions. After being nourished to our present spiritual strength and maturity, do we suddenly become smarter than our former provider and forsake the enlightening guidance of the organization that mothered us? “Forsake not the law of thy mother.” (Prov. 6:20-23) And if the heavenly Father would not give a stone or serpent or scorpion to a child who asked for bread or fish or an egg from him, are we to take the spiritual food he provides through the slave into our hands as if we were going to be bruised by a stone or bitten by a serpent or stung by a scorpion? (Matt. 7:7-11; Luke 11:9-13, NW) Are we to be doubtful and suspicious about each new provision? “He who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven by the wind and blown about. In fact, let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from Jehovah.” (Jas. 1:6, 7, NW) Even the Beroeans first received Paul’s preaching “with the greatest readiness of mind”, and then went to “carefully examining the Scriptures daily as to whether these things were so”. (Acts 17:11, NW) This was the first real contact the Beroeans had with Paul’s preaching, yet they received it readily and then studied the Scriptural support for themselves. How much more readily we can receive the slave’s provisions with confidence, since, unlike the Beroeans, we have much past experience with the precious provisions from the slave.

thinker

• eyes_opened
    eyes_opened

Hey TW.

Thanks It's great to be able to think for a change! I could get used to this. lol

Eyes

"One Persons Heresy Is Anothers Truth"

• eyes_opened
    eyes_opened

Thinker,

Thanks for those two examples of the societies own thoughts on the matter!

Spec,

I am not getting my loyalties confused at all. Actually for the first time in 36 years I think I am finally getting them where they belong.

"One Persons Heresy Is Anothers Truth"

• spectromize
    spectromize

Dear thinker,

I would like to encourage you to be like a Beroean.

• larc
    larc

Spec,

I would recommend that you read one book of the Bible at a time in its entirety to get a sense of scriptures in their context, rather than stringing scriptures together from diverse places.

• larc
    larc

Spec,

You said that Jehovah used a "slave". Who was the slave from the time of the New Testament writer's death for the next 1800 years until Russell came along? Who was it from the Destruction of Jerusalem, circa 600BC, intil Jesus arrived? Doesn't the modern day "slave" seem to be making lots and lots of mistakes?

• spectromize
    spectromize

Dear larc,

I was just expressing that in times past Jehovah has used faithful slaves or servants, it's just an expression.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit