On the subject of Child Baptism - Video

by cappytan 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• millie210
    millie210

Yes LisaRose, and in the meantime it keeps their stats up as far as baptism and growth numbers.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    One thing my new church does that I don't agree with is that it offers infant baptism if parents request it. But heck, at least if the kid changes their mind someday, or never takes to it, they aren't going to lose their frickin family!!
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Absolutely sickening!

Let's review the following:

Not old enough to vote

Not old enough to drink alcohol

Not old enough to drive a car

Not old enough to marry

Not old enough to legally have sex

Not old enough to go to a doctor on their own

Not old enough to voluntarily leave school

Not old enough to cross the road on their own

Not old enough to open a bank account

Not old enough to spend money without permission

But somehow old enough to make a life altering decision, one that was never directed by Jesus to do???!!!!

Yes Jesus was an adult!!!

Shall I go on?

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Hey, I see no reason that a person that can grasp the depths of productions like Disney movies (without magic, of course) can't devote the rest of their lives to an organization at that same age. Sure, some kids make pacts to be "best friends forever" (which we know always lasts) around the same time as their baptism, and some of them are afraid of the dark, some haven't a clue as to what the anatomy of the opposite sex might look like, but these kids are ready for big decisions. They'd eat cake and ice cream for dinner if their parents weren't around (okay maybe nothing wrong with that), and they may not be able to hold a job yet, but they can feed at Jehovah's table and work for his organization through a lifelong dedication. And if they don't live up to the hype, we'll just cast them aside and find another. No biggie. Their loss, not ours.
  • talesin
    talesin
    And if they don't live up to the hype, we'll just cast them aside and find another. No biggie. Their loss, not ours.

And that is the real Truth.

• Awake at last
    Awake at last
    I can watch medical shows on TV where people are having operations, but geez I can't watch that stuff. I'm way too squeamish.
  • Driving Force
    Driving Force
    The snowman got me!
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

And WHAT was the point of the girl running to the beach with the dog??

Oh, unless she was trying to get the dog to get baptised in the ocean too??

• mana11
    mana11
    cannot belive how crappy that is. Really think kids would watch that?,, not likely.
  • Driving Force
    Driving Force

mana11

Really think kids would watch that?

JW kids will be forced to watch it, part of the ongoing indoctrination.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit