Did judge Rutherford piss off Hitler

by greenhornet 109 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

The Jws at the time in Germany where considered part of the aryan race, (since they were not Jews)

Then things changed for the JWs after Rutherford mailed a letter to Hitler bragging about Jehovahs kingdom on earth.

So can we add this to the bloodshed that that the Watchtower corp is responsible for?

• Giordano
    Giordano

Well first he tried to appease Hitler by praising him and sharing Hitler's attitude about the Jews.

"With Rutherford's efforts at appeasing Hitler not achieving its aims, Rutherford instead started to antagonize Hitler through his publications.

“On October 7, 1934, the ... speaker announced that congregations of Jehovah’s witnesses world wide were meeting today in order to send cablegrams to Hitler, all at the same time, asking him to refrain from persecuting Jehovah’s witnesses in Germany.” After praying to Jehovah, each group sent the following cablegram: “Hitler Government, Berlin, Germany. Your ill-treatment of Jehovah’s witnesses shocks all good people of earth and dishonors God’s name. Refrain from further persecuting Jehovah’s witnesses; otherwise God will destroy you and your national party.”” Yearbook 1975 p.174

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/hitler-nazi.php

• greenhornet
    greenhornet
    WOW... they bragged about it in the 1975 yearbook. Does the holocaust museum in Washington know about this?
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I get the impression from what Ive read about him that he was a very arrogant and provocative man and no doubt pissed off most people he came in contact with. It seems to have been his MO.

I always found it interesting that JWs always go on about their purple triangle heroes but never talk about Ruthetford's attempts to "suck up" to one of the most murderous leaders of all time.

Truth is JWs didn't (and still don't) mind if Jews or anyone else gets persecuted, executed, or imprisoned, because

in their eyes it's not considered persecution until it happens to a JW.

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Do you conclude that standing in opposition to the Nazi government meant to be guilty of bloodshed?

How would you have reacted if you had lived during those times?

Would you have nodded your head, say "Heil Hitler" and go along with the masses?

I am an ex jw. But I think they truly deserve our highest respect to go finally against the Hitler government.

That Rutherford first tried to appease Hitler is shocking for all jw's.

Hitler was a mentally diseased crazy guy. You can't blame Rutherford for pissing him off.

• confused
    confused
    I totally agree with Daniel1555 but can someone please show me where Rutherford first tried to appease Hitler? I have heard of it before but never seen evidence. What was the timing involved? Was it know what Hitler was doing at the time and what was Rutherford's motivation at the time of trying to appease him?
  • Driving Force
    Driving Force
    JWs preach christian neutrality, then and now.
    Trying to appease the Hitler Government was breaking this christian neutrality, the protesting against the government as Rutherford did really pissed Hitler off, IMO JWs were unduly persecuted, but they were persecuted because they broke their Christian neutrality, not because they maintained neutrality.
    If JWs had really remained neutral during that period, I doubt that they would have ended up in the concentration camp. The death of JWs at the hands of Hitler had a great deal to do with how the bOrg handled the neutrality issue, the Watchtower has the blood of these witnesses in theirs hands as much as the Hitler regime had.
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd
    So much so that he sent them to the firing squad. Rutherford was an ass.
  • Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Confused

You can find these letters and declarations on jwfacts.

I think it is legitimate, that they had first a government friendly tone in their letter to the "Reichskanzler."

What I find controversial is their "flattering" or somehow anti-semitic tone, which was obviously part of their "theocratic warfare."

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Yes.

Many years ago I had afternoon tea with Ilse Pröh, the widow of Rudolph Hess who was the deputy Fuhrer to Adolph Hitler. During the afternoon I brought up the subject of the Bible Students in Germany.

Simply put, the Bible Students (aka Jehovah's Witnesses) were nothing in the eyes of Nazi Germany. They were completely irrelevant. According to Mrs Hess the Bible Students were never considered a problem until the headquarters in the USA (ie. Rutherford) started buzzing with threats against the German Reich involving the overthrow of Hitler.

"A mosquito in your bedroom is not a problem until it starts buzzing in your ear when you are trying to get some rest."

A most interesting afternoon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit