Attention JW lurkers: May JW TV broadcast demonstrates the GB's utter contempt for you (and all non-elite JWs)

by sir82 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sir82
    sir82

In May's "We will never solicit for money, but now we're going to solicit you for the next hour" broadcast, we kept hearing about all the "facts" that the GB would like for us to know.

Hmm...what facts did they leave out?

-- $Millions have been spent in out-of-court settlements of child abuse cases

-- $Untold amounts are being spent on legal defense of WT policies related to child abuse

-- $Hundreds of millions are invested in stocks, bonds, mutual funds, ETFs, etc....how much income are these investments generating? Why isn't that enough to cover expenses?

-- Exactly how much did that "significant property" in Brooklyn sell for? The WTS' Brooklyn properties are riverfront buildings with downtown Manhattan skyline views. Did they sell for a such a low price such that it only covered "a couple of weeks expenses"? Not very "discreet" to sell below market value. Or do they mean to imply that "a couple of weeks expenses" runs into the $hundreds of millions? That implies an annual billion budget of $Billions. Again, not very "discreet".

-- How many $hundreds of millions are budgeted to be spent? How many $hundreds of millions are anticipated to be contributed? Why not a single number in an hour's worth of solicitation?

Why don't they even hint at these things? Why the lack of transparency?

Here is why: They view you, the rank & file, non-elite JW, as a miserable, stupid, and childlike. You are not able to handle the truth about WTS finances. You don't deserve to know the truth. Just shut up and give us 50% more money than you have been giving. Mommy knows best.

The governing body has utter contempt for you. If they told you everything, you'd be too stupid to understand and would just get upset and that would ruin their plans. So better to just send out ol' rubber lips to wave his arms about and ramble about "widow's mites" & "Kingdom interests" & whatnot.

That's good enough for you worms. It's all you're able to understand.

• hoser
    hoser
    I noticed that on the May broadcast Lett talks to the audience like they are a bunch of idiots. Imagine that. An idiot talking down to people he thinks are idiots. What a moron.
  • flipper
    flipper

SIR 82- You nailed it precisely. The secrecy and cloak of illusion the WT leaders use to deceive rank & file JW's is like a circus performer doing slight of hand tricks- only this time WT Society is doing slight of hand tricks with JW followers money . I mean think about it- to even HAVE an annual article printed up every year ( when is it in November's WT ? ) about HOW JW's can contribute life insurance policies, inheritances, material possessions, stocks, jewelry, real estate, etc. to " further kingdom interests " is disgusting.

And rank & file JW's are none the wiser. They are TOO trusting of the GB's motives, TOO trusting that the WT leaders know best on their behalf. WT leaders are ONLY interested in keeping the financial game going for the WT organization so the benefits can benefit the WT corporate attorneys, WT shareholders , and WT leaders to keep their coveted positions of power and control. All on the backs of poorer rank & file members and aging JW widows who have been duped by this organization's motives since 1879. 136 years now which has turned this organization into a money grubbing real estate land grabbing machine. Disgusting

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

I had a session with my psychiatrist this morning, (yes I need it after 28 years thought control), I am lucky to find one that is really knowledgeable about cults and how they work.

One thing he said this morning was that something has to happen, some kind of action by the cult, before a person starts to question things. Unfortunately he said that most people in a cult have given up thinking independently, they do not want to think, because it is so much easier to have somebody else do the thinking for them. The thing is with JWs, they have such a wonderful future planned out for them, everlasting life in a paradise earth, why should they risk losing that by thinking independently.
    Subjects like this for lurkers is really good, it might just get them thinking, perhaps this is a subject that will cause them to evaluate things.

I think it is really good that lurkers are on here, because their sleep is being disturbed.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Also for lurkers - Every congregation has to read out its monthly financial report as well as submitting an Annual Statement.

Try asking the Elders to get details of the HQ's finances for you - as a donor of the "charity" - and get ready for the Spanish Inquisition, Org style!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

The Searcher: Every congregation has to read out its monthly financial report as well as submitting an Annual Statement.

So why doesn't the organization do the same thing? Shouldn't they be setting the example?

Why do they make US do what THEY will NOT do?

What are they hiding? What don't they want us to know?

• Watchtower-Free
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Yes indeed, if the may broadcast doesn't make witnesses wake up, then NOTHING will!
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

Sir82 GREAT POST!!! 100% correct!

Stuck...Your right if the broadcast doesn't wake up witnesses...nothing will!

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

The May broadcast is evidence that their claim of Jehovah's support is false. If God supported the Warwick project they would not need to ask for money it would be there in abundance. Humility would cause them to see this but humility is not a strong part of their makeup.

Br. Morris' arrogance and his bad habit of denigrating individuals along with the humiliation thrown at Bethelites in the U.S. Zone meeting by another GB member is filthy. Christ's brothers do not behave as they do. By its fruit you will know the tree.

Frank

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit