Ok... so Mom did the robotic JW thing and people in my home country know about me...

by ILoveTTATT 33 Replies latest jw friends

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi ILoveTTATT, Are you feeling less stressed yet? Did you talk with a counselor?

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

I am moving out tomorrow... My mom's gonna keep asking my dad if he was affected by my "apostasy" until my dad loses his patience (he has a ridiculously long fuse, but it's not eternal)... My dad has told her, "My relationship with God is personal" and that's not enough... Even if my dad swore loyalty to the GB (falsely of course), my mom would still not be satisfied... It's ridiculous but that's the way things are... She's on full cult personality mode and will not stop until the whole family is destroyed...

I am less stressed in that I am happy I told my mom, and I know my dad will keep the peace at home... He is a master at changing topics...

I still need to talk to a counsellor, but I am trying to just relax...

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi ILoveTTATT, I'm glad that you are more at peace. I'm sorry that your father has to deal with your mom's cult persona in all its gory (not to be confused with glory).

Hopefully, you and your dad can still get together and have fun together.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Hang in there and get your bible knowledge up. I have a bible app on my phone with bookmarked scriptures and saved notes. If you have the knowledge you can use the bible agianst them in a loving way and they won't know how to react. There heads will be spinning and they will have a hard time labeling you an apostate and maybe some will ebb think or they leave you alone.

My family won't talk to me about the bible mostly because there kids but not even my wife because she knows I can destroy any bulshit she says from the jw and i have way better bible knowledge then she does now. They dont know how to deal with it so throw a wrench in your family's thinking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit