Ok... so Mom did the robotic JW thing and people in my home country know about me...

by ILoveTTATT 33 Replies latest jw friends

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Maybe a... "I discovered this on the Insight book!... there is no manuscript of the NT that contains the word "Jehovah"!!

And then show pics of the manuscripts that are available online, like the Codex Sinaiticus... idk

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Do modern JWs not already know that?

Questions should ecourage the JW to go and do research and find answers they were not expecting. I recently asked a cocky JW a question about Jeremiah 25:12. He took it as a challenge to find out the answer. That was two months ago and he hasn't been back, so I guess it wasn't as easy as he thought. When/if I see him again, I won't be asking a different question, I'll be asking the same one.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

right... those f!ckers... they lie so good don't they? It's enough to make you go crazy... your best friends... everyone you've ever known... think that you're crazy...

It is overwhelming... very scary too... I just tried to tell a friend, super smart guy... he asked me to stop... to stop telling him or else he would cut me off...

I would feel like there's no use... but at least 2 people have gotten away from the grips of the WT thanks to me... because of things I told them. They, however, were Bible studies.

My dad!! He vacilates between believing the JW's and not... (despite me showing him the changed Bible, the vaccination stuff, the organ transplant stuff, that they predicted so many things that never took place, etc... I have tried everything...)

It's a nightmare...

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

You've chosen a path that isn't easy. You've chosen to question, challenge, and learn.

Rather than blindly accept something that was handed to you with a label "truth", you've tested it. And it failed.

When you dare to point out that WT might have even a tiny flaw, the faithful are trained not to examine the facts. They are trained to attack YOU for bringing attention to the facts.

Is this a surprise? Anybody whose really read the Bible realizes that someone that tells the truth and does the right thing is very likely to get killed for it. When you are given a hard time for loving TTATT, that is the persecution to be expected. The fact that WT theology is terribly flawed and their false teachings have ruined lives is irrelevant to "true believers". They have been trained that the only way to avoid death and have a pet panda is by attending meetings, preaching the WT message, and never question the GB. They would rather have the illusion of their fake truth than have to deal with facts and reality.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

despite me showing him the changed Bible, the vaccination stuff, the organ transplant stuff, that they predicted so many things that never took place,

If what you are doing didn't work last time, what makes you think it'll work next time?

You are doing what the WT warned them to watch out for. Every time you talk to a Dub, you have to look for a way to get around the wall the WT built for them to hide behind, not throw yourself at it. Get clever. Learn from your mistakes.

....and if you do find a chink in their armour don't let it slip away by distracting them with other topics. Hammer away at that one chink. Make them lie. Make them explain the lie. Make them do the talking. You need them to tell you TTATT and they can't do that while you're doing all the talking.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi ILoveTTATT, DITTO what skeeter1 and Black Sheep said. You are young and Armaggedon is not going to happen, so be patient. If you have enough money, go away for a weekend and enjoy yourself away from the turmoil.

Like the saying goes, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink." Think how you would have treated someone forcing you to listen to TTATT when you believed in the WTBTS. Show your mother how to love unconditionally. Just ask questions to help JWs to awaken to TTATT.

If you do not have a smartphone with a video camera and 128 GB memory, get one! If the elders come to talk with you, start recording what they say, ask them to please leave you alone, and you will contact them when you want. If they refuse to leave, walk away from them. If they threaten or physically restrain you, call the police. Remember record all contact with the elders.

The worse thing that you can do is lose your cool. You have done nothing wrong, so let JWs lose their cool. You can always help other JWs by using your language skills to translate jwfacts webpages into Spanish and to live your life the way that you want.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

ILoveTTATT: I have been told that since my cards are in a different city, that neither the elders in either my parent's hall nor the ones in the Spanish hall in my city can do anything about me.... can't DF me. Is that true?

Anything you say to them can be testimony to the elders back in your home congregation. Or, the elders at the new cong can send the cards back FedEx and you can be invited to a JC in your parents cong by the end of this week. You're talking about playing by their rules. When they make they rules, you cannot win. Look at what happened to Ray Franz! They changed the rules to "get" him. I doubt that you're as important of a nemisis as Ray, but all they need to do is find something "brazen" and two elders to testify to the fact, and then you're OUT.

If you were wanting to drift away (fade) and thus keep open communication, you're going about this all the wrong way. From all the posts you've written in the past week or so about this, you must be either a young cocky dude who still thinks of himself as invincible (we all do at that age), OR you're possibly at risk of having a manic spell (does your family have such health issues?). It sounds to me like you are throwing fuel on the fire and won't be satisfied until everything explodes in your face.

IMHO, Black Sheep gave sound advice if you feel you need to do something beyond just STFU and quietly going away to your own life. That is, dump the questions (one at a time) on your mother. Have your dad back up that request (he'd prob like to hear her try to explain some of this wacky shit). END OF MYSTERIES's paragraph starting "Are they inspired or not?" is where I'd begin.

BLACKSHEEP: Ask enough of the right questions and they might just work out TTATT for themselves.

That says it all: YOU cannot lead them out. They have to do it on their own. You might be able to be the spark that slowly ignites the fire, but you won't likely do that once you are seen as The Enemy.

Good luck,

Doc

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Why would you want to walk up to a hornet's nest and whack it with a stick?

You ain't gonna convince any of those you love by becoming a "spiritual suicide bomber". Simply tell the ravenous wolf-pack (elders) that you are having personal spiritual issues which you can't discuss with anyone except in prayer to Jehovah. Then thank them for their concern and assure them that when you're ready, you'll talk with them.

If they ask you any questions about what you said to your mom, tell them that whatever you said to her in private, is between you and her and you don't wish to go through it all again! Brush them off - don't get invoved in discussions with them!

You said, "I just tried to tell a friend, super smart guy... he asked me to stop... to stop telling him or else he would cut me off.." My sister cut me off for a year because I was telling her about the Org's financial situation and its dealings with the U.N. & the O.S.C.E.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I thought my "reasonable" youngerish (50's) JW relatives would listen to me. Nope. They got hostile and defended the WTS. People have to come to their own understanding on this matter. Like you, I had dreams of opening their eyes to this cult. In my instance, it backfired becuase they are all secretly very jealous of me and used my "coming out" as a reason to put Skeeter down. I completed university and have a career, married, kids. They didn't. JW parents preached heavily against marraige, and they bought the whole "let this system go by the wayside, and the next life will be perfect." I am living the "sinning" lifestyle and am happy, while they are miserable JWs. I'm not trying to be above them in this post. I feel very sad for them, but there is no helping them without them wanting to help themselve.s

I'd just say to the others, "I write you becuase I admire your level headedness and practicality in all things, including the Truth. Through my personal study hour each week, I have developed differences in the fundamental teachings of the governing body, both past & present. I'm not going to approach you with my concerns. However, I know that many remain in the Truth and tout alignment with the Governing Body for fear of being disfellowshipped and losing their family ties. If you have differences, I will never shun you if you want to talk with me about them. I remain open minded, and will not divulge anything you tell me to others. Not even under the guise of theocratic lying."

• losingit
    losingit

MOVE OUT! You've stalled for too long. Just leave! And continue with your family ties still intact and your ILTTATT self intact!

I know from experience that it still takes courage to act even if we are being forced to act by the other party. I had to move out of my house -- with 2 kids, 2 dogs, and 13 years worth of history-- in less than 30 days. It seems like you really have no other choice but to move.Wouldn't that quiet things down immensely? Stop dragging your feet and take the type of action that the situation requires. Please, just get out!

Much sympathy to you. You can do it. You sound smart, focused, passionate, and dedicated. Good luck!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit