hello!

by gamergirl 24 Replies latest jw friends

• gamergirl
    gamergirl

Hello all!

Glad to be a new member and find others with similarities of background. Some background info on me: my dad became JW when I was young, so I spent maybe a third of my life in the religion. Although I respect everyone's beliefs, I personally knew many genuinely selfless people in my congregation, but the way I was raised, now that I am an adult I am realizing was very sheltered and unrealistic. I have been living my own free life the last ten years and realize how many amazing friendships were lost and destroyed since those non JW kids were "bad association". I feel UN-burdened and have been studying all religions without feeling guilty and now more than ever realize that God is bigger than how small JW's actually make Him out to be. I respect my dad's decision to never initiate a conversation, and when we do talk he barely says a sentence or two, but I feel sorry that he thinks his God thinks that this is what He would want, and he is missing out on his adult daughters life.

I look forward to getting to know you all, and if anyone here likes video games, I love to chat about that as well! I've been catching up playing perfectly innocent video games (and a lot of other things) that I was denied growing up.

Much love,

GG.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Welcome to JWN Gamegirl. Sorry to hear how our shared past affected your relationship with your Dad. I'm afraid I never really got much further than Super Mario Kart on the N64 - that was about the time my sons discovered girls. Weird that ;)

• baltar447
    baltar447

Welcome! Gamer here too.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Welcome!

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome gg , this is a good place to be .

smiddy

• happy@last
    happy@last

Welcome gamergirl. It's sad how much a child misses out on being raised in a JW house. Glad you're catching up!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Hello Gamergirl I'm glad you're free and hope your dad realizes what a clever daughter he's got one of these days.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Welcome to our great community.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

'Allo! from your Unky Punky, Gamegirl. Join in the fun

• KateWild
    KateWild

Hello GG,

Well done for living the last 10 years free from the BOrg. We'd love to hear more about you soon. Love Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit