To the gullible jw who beleive (worship) the GB

by bobld 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

BU2B: "Even if we die while being obedient, at least we will get a resurection for being faithful. Jehovah can reverse the damage" :(

Wow. Very sad and scary. Does she have a limit, as to what she would not do in order to remain obedient?

I asked my parents about this paragraph in the November Watchtower, and got the response: "Don't worry, we won't drink the Kool-Aid."

I followed up with the question, "What would you do? You might want to discuss with Dad, what your limits are in this scenario."

(Of course, this question was posed a few months ago... they might have since decided they should drink the Kool-Aid... If that is what Jehovah wants them to do...)

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Woah bu2b, my wife came out with EXACTLY the same point about the israelites at pihahiroth.... I said it was a bit different with the clear divine leading of the pillar of cloud/fire compared to the non miraculous leading of the 8 stooges. Well, I didn't say stooges, but I thought it.

• bobld
    bobld

ShirleyW -Its the NOV. 15/2013 wt

Also I might add some of the comments you will hear at the wt study.Such as:Even if we don't understand something,we must obey the faithful slave.Or the faithful has our best interest.Sometimes we just have to wait for further clarification.Even if it doesn't make sense to us,we know the faithful slave is right.

This bs about the light gets brighter.Remenber the 2000 wt said,we are deep,deep into the last days because the old farts were getting really old and would be around to see the end.I was totally wrong when I said the light will get brighter in 10 years.I got a spanking for that comment.Unfortunately they didn't apolize when the light got brighter in 4 years.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Thanks B

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Ask them to show you a scripture any scripture that shows God will teach a falsehood "as a make-wait until he reveals the truth later to his followers". any scripture any????????????

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

BU2B, that is an excellent point about the golden calf, might bring that up with my wife if the opportunity presents in the next day or two...

The problem is they just can't see that the GB is making the org out to be a modern day golden calf. Sigh.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

This weeks WT points out several times in the history of Judah where the King and other leaders were wicked. Ahaz is a notable example.

Clearly, they would have expected "faithful Jews" of the day to refuse to participate in the wicked acts of Ahaz. That would, of course, required being DISOBEDIENT to the wicked King of Juday, which was still "God's Chosen Nation."

So ultimately, the individual needs to accept responsibility and determine for him or herself what is right and what is not, who to obey and who to disobey.

BTW, Moses supposedly had all those 10 Plagues and other miracles to prove that he was God's appointed spokesman. What do the GB have? Nothing but a bunch of failed predictions which they blame on their followers for following!

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

In this weeks wt study p20 para 17 the GB directive in part says "All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive,whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not"

The above instruction by the Watchtower Society is itself unscriptural and a sign of apostacy at the highest level.

The scriptures are very clear that Christians are NOT to blindly and unquestioningly obey religious leaders:

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired expression, but test the inspired expressions to see whether they originate with God, because many false prophets have gone forth into the world."

Galatians 1:8, 9 "But even though we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to that which we have preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to that which you received, let him be accursed."

Revelation 2:2 "I know your deeds, and your labor and endurance, and that you cannot tolerate bad men, and that you put to the test those who say they are apostles, but they are not, and you found them to be liars."

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

• In your clean christian conscience are you willing to obey such a vacillating organization.The proper thing to do is resign from this organization. Go apolize to the people for misleading them with a false message(doctrine).Go preach the true gospel of Jesus Christ.

Well said. However I will not be able to find those ones I unknowingly mislead. But I will not be doing so anymore!

SW

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BOBLD:

Yes, it is disturbing that anybody would give unthinking, blind obedience to anybody!

I have always said that the average Witness "checks their brain at the door" in this religion. This doesn't happen overnight but this slow-cooking is a gradual process.

Glad I'm miles away from this insanity!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit