To the gullible jw who beleive (worship) the GB

by bobld 19 Replies latest jw friends

• bobld
    bobld

In this weeks wt study p20 para 17 the GB directive in part says "All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive,whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not"

It behooves me,how anyone would obey such an organization,when you were told to preach and exhort people with a message(bible doctrine) for over a hundred years(and not question the message or the GB) only to find out the message was false.See wt july 15,2013 p8.-Great tribulation did not begin in 1914.Judgement of the sheep and goats did not begin in 1914.Jesus arrival to appoint the faithful slave did not occur in 1919.Wt 1984,1914 The generation that will not pass away.

In your clean christian conscience are you willing to obey such a vacillating organization.The proper thing to do is resign from this organization. Go apolize to the people for misleading them with a false message(doctrine).Go preach the true gospel of Jesus Christ.

• ammo
    ammo

I have just had this conversation with 2 jws I have not seen for 4 years, it was confronting and felt uncomfortable but when they pulled out the bible and started preaching about who really is the faithful and discreet slave, being the GB, well thats when I had to pull out the false prophecies, doctrine's even showing them John 7.53s deletion from the new bible..... their response... The light keeps getting brighter, REALLY?

Actually you just have to feel sorry for the poor buggers that are so far indoctrinated with this vast buffet of bullshit.

Its not even satisfying letting jw's know ttatt, as sadly it was initially when I found out the ttatt. It now just make's me sooo bloody thankful I'm out, free and sane!!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Listen, Obey and Be Blessed! - It's a cult!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

ammo: when they pulled out the bible and started preaching about who really is the faithful and discreet slave

Question: If the current teaching that the GB, and ONLY the GB, is the FDS is correct, then what would you call that teaching we had for the last 93-ish years?

• Splash
    Splash

The 'light gets brighter' defense is a thought stopping crutch.

If light got brighter then returned back to a previous belief, what did the light actually do? It dimmed, that's what.

Oubliette's question is great: Where did the old light 'false teachings' come from, because God doesn't deal in false teachings?

Two more good questions:
    Given the fact that these teachings change so often, how do you know this is now the 'truth' and won't be changed again?
    Would you give your life for a teaching that could so easily change next week?

Honestly, this New Light defense (and the Bible doesn't even mention new light) is so full of holes. The only reason it's believed is because they want to believe it.

Splash

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Cognitive Dissonance.

Oubliette is right....it's a CULT!

• DS211
    DS211

Its quite obvious what Jesus found when he inspected them in 1919--

from Captives of a concept:

1. #5: 1799: The beginning of “the last days” or “time of the end”

2. #6: 1829: The beginning of an understanding of the mysteries of prophecy

3. #7: 1844: Wise virgins went forth to meet the Bridegroom

4. #8: 1846: God’s sanctuary was cleansed

5. #9: 1873: End of 6000 years of human existence

6. #10: 1874: The return of Christ to begin his Second Coming

7. #11: 1874: The beginning of the 40-year Harvest or preaching work

8. #12: 1874: Second cry, “Behold the Bridegroom.”

9. #13: 1874: The beginning of the Battle of Armageddon

10. #14: 1878: God’s Kingdom was “set up” in heaven

11. #15: 1878: Beginning of Christ’s Kingdom Rule

12. #16: 1878: The fall of “Babylon the Great” (false religion)

13. #17: 1878: Beginning of “Times of Restitution.”

14. #18: 1881: Close of “the heavenly calling” (spiritual Israel)

15. #19: 1881: Resurrection of all the “dead in Christ”

16. #20: 1914: The anointed Christians would be taken to heaven before 1914

17. #21: 1914: The end of the “Harvest” or preaching work

18. #22: 1914: God’s Kingdom would be firmly established in the earth

19. #23: 1914: Jesus would be present as earth’s new Ruler

20. #24: 1914: All Gentile nations would be destroyed by God by the end of 1914

21. #25: 1914: Jerusalem would begin to rise from the dust of divine disfavor to honor

22. #26: 1914: Israel’s blindness would begin to be turned away

23. #27: 1914: This year would be the farthest limit of the rule of imperfect man

24. #28: 1914: Battle of Armageddon would end

25. #29: 1914: Peaceful blessings would begin to be recognized on earth

26. #30: 1914: Compete destruction of “Babylon the Great” (all other religions)

27. #31: 1914: The “last days” would end in 1914

28. #32: 1915: God’s Kingdom will be fully established near the end of 1915

29. #33: 1915: Anointed Christians would be taken to heaven soon after 1914

30. #34: 1918: God’s ‘fire’ from heaven would fall on Christendom

31. #35: 1918: Millions of church members of Christendom would be destroyed by God

32. #36: 1918: Christendom would go down to oblivion as a system.

33. #37: 1918: God will destroy the churches wholesale

34. #38: 1920: There would be worldwide all-embracing anarchy.

35. #39: 1920: All earthly governments will pass away

remember up until 1919 they still believed alot of the things leading up until 1914---you really think Jesus would pick such a falseorganization?

And since then remember how theyve white washed their history, being dishonest about their past or omitting important flaws in their beliefs...and yet theyd still have you believe Jesus inspected and chose them.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

As I look at the JW/WT nonsense now, I cannot see much difference between it and Scientology, in the quality of the wacky things they teach.

The similarities do not end there either.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

What's the date on that Watchtower, I wan't to use that the next time I have one with them at the kiosks set up in the subway station

• BU2B
    BU2B

I asked my wife how can we trust whatever these instructions that do not make sense may be when we get in the future, knowing how many things they have been wrong about and had to change?

Her response?? "Even if we die while being obedient, at least we will get a resurection for being faithful. Jehovah can reverse the damage" :(

The example of Moses at the Red Sea is often brought up when blind obedience is being pushed. I asked my wife "What about Aaron and the golden calf? He was the high preist, the top religious figure.. If he ordered someone to help make the calf, should they have obey because of his position?" She said that it is a different situation entirely, and of course they should not have done it since it should have been obviously wrong!

I was just trying to help her see that obedience is fine, but only if it is right to us.. Blind obedience is dangerous and not biblically supported.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit