I may not be able to hold the status quo for longer!

by ILoveTTATT 27 Replies latest jw friends

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Today my mom called me THREE times at work to tell me how "worried" she was about my spirituality.

I SO wanted to tell her some TTATT but just said, "Mom, I am fine spiritually. If I am ever in trouble spiritually, I will tell you. Meanwhile, I would REALLY appreciate it if you left my relationship with God a private matter."

Part of her concerns are that I come late (duh, avoiding the eldars)... that I seem to be so isolated (I haven't hung out with a single JW friend in months, possibly a year or more?), that I seem so sad (again, duh... I KNOW that my mom is mind-controlled by a cult and can't do much about it...)

I talked it over with my dad... he asked me to somehow keep it going for longer... delay the inevitable.

I think that I will go to the meeting this week (the one where I won't get into much trouble)... haven't been to the KH in months... I hate every second that I am there, I am extremely anxious and want to puke and scream out to people... But I have to do it, or else people will say, "but we haven't seen him!" (Remember, I PRETEND I go to the meetings. Instead I go to a coffee shop and do exJW related projects, or go watch a movie, or just have fun)...

I am betting that today after the meeting she'll want to talk to me... when she gets an idea in her head, it's really hard to calm her down.

I HATE having her tell me to "be careful, Satan's gonna get ya! Temptations are out there blah blah blah... We are so close to the end, you will lose your eternal life"!! And me KNOWING that it's all bullshit, that those ASSHOLES in NY have been keeping her and millions of other people in needless fear and anxiety...

I am so glad I realized that this is the only life.... USE IT PEOPLE!! ENJOY IT!!

sorry just needed to rant...

• clarity
  • ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Lo and behold... she does want to meet with me... and dad.

I will take the Bible and will do as much TTATT just with the Bible as possible. False prophets, antichrist, please give me your "nukes"!!

Thanks!

• jgnat
    jgnat

My best prayers are winging their way to you tonight. With love and confidence, share. Be heartfelt. Ask her to put herself in your position. She feels. Help her feel.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Oh, jeez. Look, if you really can't hold yourself back any longer, then please don't go asking last minute for advice here on what to say. Pick one or two things that are meaningful to YOU, subjects which you know well and that move you. Don't try to cover a bunch of different subjects, it will only make things worse.

Alternately, come up with a safe excuse that will settle the issue for a while, like pretending you've been stumbled.

• Island Man
    Island Man

False Prophets

Read Deuteronomy 18:21,22 and compare it with the organization's history of false predictions from way back in the days of Russel. Then you can suggest she look in the Reasoning Book under "False Prophets" to see what the organization says about Deuteronomy 18:21,22. She will not find those two verses cited or quoted in the false prophets section. Ask her why that it is. Why did they cite verse 20 but completely leave out any mention of verses 21 and 22. Maybe because their history exposes them as guilty of what verse 21 says?

If you have an English Standard Version of the bible you can share Luke 21:8 with her. In that verse Jesus warns his followers not to go after those saying "The Time is at hand!". Then ask her if she is aware that C.T. Russel published a volume of Studies in the Scriptures that contained false end time predictions and that was entitled . . . "The Time Is At Hand!"

Pedophile Issue

Ask her if she is aware that in the past when a victim of pedophilia went to the elders they would urge the victim not to go to the police and that they will drop any proceedings against the accused if there isn't a second witness. Ask why the organization didn't want the victims going to the police. Ask her why the organization couldn't report such crimes to the police and let them do their investigation and use the results of their investigation as the "second witness". Ask her about all the little ones stumbled out of the truth because of this vile policy then read Matthew 18:5,6 and ask her: "What would be the fate of an organization who, for the sake of its reputation, enacted cold-hearted policies that stumbled little ones?"

• wasblind
    wasblind

Island man

If Someone Says_______

' My minister said that Jehovah's Witnesses are false prophets '

You might reply : ' May I ask, Did he show you anything in the Bible that describes what we believe or do and that says people of that sort would be false prophets ?...May I show you how the Bible describes false prophets ? ( Then use one or more of the points outlined on pages 132-136.)'

Or you could say : ' I'm sure you'll agree that specific evidence should back up such a serious charge. Did your minister mention any specific examples ?' ( If householder refers to some claimed prediction that did not come to pass, use material on page 134, and from the bottom of page 135 to the top of 137.)'____Reasoning from the Scriptures Book page 137

LOL Jus' don't use the scripture deliberately omitted. Dueteronomy 18:21-22

cuz that's exactly what describes a Jehovah's Witnesses best

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

Can you put off the meeting for a week or two, and see if she kind of forgets about it, love?

When/if you and your Dad have a chat with her, please go easy for his sake. Just one or two points that you know she can't dispute, especially if you back it up from scripture.You know you can SLOWLY bring up other things in due time. Love & kindness will get you far. Hope this all works out for your family.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Can you put off the meeting for a week or two, and see if she kind of forgets about it, love?

I wish! My mom, when she wants something, goes OCD-ic in her attempt to get it. She wants to talk to me and know what's wrong... and she won't stop bugging me until she does.

Here's my plan:

1. Ask her if truth can be defended against any and all attacks. (She will say yes)

2. Remind her about The Matrix and she said she would take the red pill (truth, no matter how much it hurts).

3. We have gone over the BITE model, and applied it to my grandma. She has stated before that she hates evil and lying manipulation like the one my grandma did on her. My grandma seemed nice to everyone else, but she repeatedly lied to people (in a malicious manner) and instilled in my mother phobias. Thankfully, she has gone to a psychologist to learn that she had been abused in that manner for many years, and she accepts anything that has a "psychology feel" to it.

4. Ask her to read Deuteronomy 18:20-22. Ask her to define a "prophet" with the Reasoning book.

5. Show her the Awake of March 1993, the "False Prophets" article, and just below the "Creator's promise" of the generation.

6. Ask HER to explain that to me. Tell her it has really stumbled me.

We'll see how it goes from there.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

TTATT,

I agree with you using the 6 points you stated. I think #4 and 5 will get her thinking. Good luck.

HappyDad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit