Interesting talk ith wife

by DS211 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Sometimes it's best to just shut up and let them mull it over. Takes a bit of self control though.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Wow, yeah, these are signs that she's not nearly as indoctrinated as I thought from your earlier posts. Sounds like you did the right thing by simply bringing up an example from the Bible that agrees with her thought. No need to try to go further than that. I'm glad to hear that she feels comfortable expressing herself like that to you.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Even more succinct than Cornelius (military authority) is the case of the Ethiopian Eunuch (political authority). His faith confession was Jesus as the son and messiah. Nothing about organizations of deep levels of commitment. Both of these individuals would be refused baptism by Witnesses today.

• DS211
    DS211

Vander--thats what we discussed, the ethiopian eunich....i just let her talk...i like that strategy.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

@crazyguy "show your wife that all who believe in christ are sons of god an all anointed".

But that is not true. Only 144,000 are anointed. Because if all who believe are anointed as sons of God, what is the purpose?

Back in Israel only kings and priests were anointed. The rest were people who lived their lives without rulership and priestly duties.

The same with Christianity. Only 144,000 are anointed with holy spirit as sons of God. The rest just live their lives.

Let's review: JW theology is right, their worship of the organization is wrong.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" JW theology is right,....." I take you mean their understanding of the 144,000??? Surely you don't mean their entire set of beliefs?

• Ding
    Ding

DS211,

Letting her talk is the best strategy.

She has to see things for herself at her own pace.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit