Interesting talk ith wife

by DS211 16 Replies latest jw friends

• DS211
    DS211

My wife expresssd to me as we watched a movie that she really loves how those in Christianity dont have to meet requirements to become baptised. She stated the it seems morenin line with the scriptures. I agreed with her and brought up the story of cornelius and his family baptised the night he saw Paul in the prison cell. She agreed.

Progress? Seems so but we will see.

• steve2
    steve2

She feels safe to verbalize some thoughts with you that she knows would not go down well if she expressed them to others. Looks promising. I get impression you are very respectful and understanding of your wife. In my book, that makes you a fantastic husband! Remind yourself frequently that, unlike when you were an active Witness, there is no urgency to share more of your views with her. Time is literally on your side!

• smiddy
    smiddy

I think thats bloody good progress DS211 .With the view to strike while the iron is hot philosophy , maybe it would be opportune to casually bring up the parable of the prodigal son . Did he have to live in the barn with the animals before he was accepted back into the household of his father ?

or was he welcomed back straight away with rejoicing .

smiddy

• smiddy
    smiddy

And I agree with steve2 , their is no hurry , its the little things that gradually add up one by one , then before you know we know TTATT .Best of luck.

smiddy

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Man you really need to show your wife that all who believe in christ are sons of god an all anointed and that the jw's remove this from man and say that its only the 144k. You need to really go for the throat and show her that the JW leaders are just exalting themselves and screwing the rank and file out of the messiah.

• DS211
    DS211

Thanks guys! And/or gals!

Steve--lol maaaaaaan i appreciate that! weve just been out in garage smokin a black n mild talkin bout how Jehovah isnt gonna destroy everyone whos not part of the org. Lol im not gonna push my luck tonight

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Good job! Keep us posted.

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

What movie was it dude? Makes my heart rejoice when I hear little stories of tiny steps in the right direction like this.. If I get any I'll post em!

• DS211
    DS211

Thanks !!! :-) I am lovin life right now lol weiird

• DS211
    DS211

You ready? Machine gun preacher lol she also said the little gir singing had a beautiful voice and we should put our girls in singing in school cause she never got the chance....she already told me the girls will get to participate in sports and stuff so that helps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit