SEND THEM ALL !!!

by Tech49 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• Tech49
    Tech49

I dont see anyone else mentioning it, so I will: Last night at the Service Meeting there was a letter read, from the Most Holy 8.

A request for MORE WORKERS! And this one with new addendums! I am pulling from memory, but pretty sure I have it right (Feel free to correct me if someone else hears the letter too).

Most maximum age requirements are now being waved, so that ANYONE over 19years old can turn in an application for:

1. Temporary work at Bethel/Warwick. Previous age requirements were no one over 55.

Come one, come all, even you old-timers that are on SSI, to build the grand temple!! (Please be in good health though, as we dont want to care for you in the event you get confused and wander into the lake...) Isnt Jehovah so loving and generous to allow us to be a part of this EXCITING new work!!!

2. Semi-permanent stays (1 year or more). Previous age max was 35. Now all you welfare sucking slackers can come on out to share in this marvelous work NOW, before the END OF THIS SYSTEM !!!!

Special mention was made several times of those who might choose to "commute" to the project sites. And that you only had to be baptized for 1 year.

I heard several comments after the meeting about how exciting these times are, one brother is ready to drop everything just to go and live anywhere NEAR Warwick, so that he can be a part of it all. Forget working, or bills, or responsibilities, he just wants to be taken care of by HOLY SPIRIT... sigh.....

I think that as time goes on, fewer and fewer are making the trip to "help out", as they realize they are getting soaked, and are receiving absolutely ZERO compensation for their efforts, and are in fact spending thousands of $$ to build a Grand Taj Mahal for the Popelets. Hence the REPEATED calls for help, and lowering of requirements to do so.

I remember that when I made the journey to Bethel in NY last year, I couldnt help but notice that the oldest of the buildings, the old factory building, was mostly empty. We made our way downstairs, and the lobby was a closed-up ghost town, decorated in the 90's shades of purple and blue. I saw floor after floor empty, nothing, nada. What do we need NEW digs for? Obviously the ones we have right here arent even being used? Of course, they had already been in the process of moving out, and selling out, but it seemed ridiculous to tell the Rank and File to simplify and be happy with what you have, when the GB is making plans to go big and build out at the lake.....(again... WHY)?

I'll be damned if I am not going to buy that 10 acre piece I have been looking at for a while now! And no, I wont be making the journey to the Promised Land to help build the new Grande Temple. Let the other zombies go, I am working on my own future, not someone elses.

I better go before I get more worked up.....

Jack Harper, Tech49

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Hah! Popelets!!! Good work sir, I hope that catches on!

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Poplets.... and I do like Octopope, whoever came up with that one.

• KateWild
    KateWild

They are asking for skilled workers for London Bethel too. Happily my daughter is watching them all but working on her education instead and a job, she is far too busy to slave for them. Kate xx

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Age limits for special 'slavery' and marital status/gender for special evangelical schools are all waived due to the closeness of Armageddon! It's coming soooooooon don't ya know!

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

after making a billion dollars seelling off their properties, you would think they would have a private contractor do 90% of the the contruction work. but instead they pull brothers from the the all important lifesaving work and come at their own expense just to save a couple million dollars in labor costs. why can't Jehovah send an angel or two to knock it out in one day? they are'nt doing anything else.

• sir82
    sir82

Smacks of, well, nervousness, if not desperation. They're still 3 years away from the targeted completion date, and they've already lowered the standards to just above "breathing and upright".

• pixel
    pixel

Here's the letter:

TO ALL CONGREGATIONS IN THE UNITED STATES BRANCH TERRITORY
    Re: Age requirements for assisting temporarily with construction projects at Bethel

Dear Brothers:

We are writing to inform you of adjustments to the maximum age for those applying to assist temporarily with large construction projects at Bethel. Effective immediately, the follow- ing adjustments have been made.

Temporary volunteers and part-time commuters: Those over the age of 55 may now ap- ply as temporary volunteers or part-time commuters in connection with large construction projects at Bethel.

Temporary Bethel family members and full-time commuters: To further assist with staffing needs during large construction projects at Bethel, skilled brothers and sisters who are over the age of 35 may now apply to serve for one year or more as temporary Bethel family members or full-time commuters.

Please note that the minimum age requirement for all forms of regular and temporary Bethel service remains at 19. While the maximum age limit has been adjusted, those who apply should be baptized at least one year and be in good spiritual, physical, moral, and emotional health. In addition, they should be U.S. citizens, legal U.S. residents, or beneficiaries of the De- ferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program. Anyone in the DACA program should identify himself as such in the section of the application that asks about one’s citizenship or res i- dency. He should also include a copy of his Employment Authorization Card.

We are confident that these adjustments will further contribute to the advancement of the Kingdom work in connection with the large-scale construction projects taking place at world headquarters and the U.S. branch facilities. — Matt. 6:33.

Please be assured of our warm Christian love and best wishes. Your brothers,

Whatever.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

They need to be in good emotional health. Won't that rule out the majority?

• Comatose
    Comatose

Now accepting non citizen immigrant workers. Help Spanish brothers!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit