The Gall & Hypocrisy!!

by Simon Morley 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

Hey all: Sorry for the delay in responding but this has taken on a bigger life of its own thanks to my daughter.

So here is what happened yesterday: By the time she got herself organized and back to her university it was mid-afternoon. Here is best I can relay the discussion between here and the JW woman that seems to be the organizer:

D: Hi, what are you doing?

JW: We are sharing some bible information

D: Why here?

JW So we can reach people

D: No you don’t understand why here?

JW: ??

D: you don’t support or agree with higher education yet here you are in a place of higher education, is that not a bit odd and hypocritical??

JW: We are not against higher education-----

D: (Cutting her off) Don’t lie, you are and the GB and WT repeatedly states it is not for Christians

JW: Well I have a university degree in philosophy

D: did you get that before or after becoming a witness?

JW: before

D: Could you freely get a degree in philosophy now without guilt and pressure?

JW: well….

D: You should not be here and you should be clearly telling these people (pointing to the gathering crowd) what you think of them for attending this university, seeking a higher education, seeking their own glory as you have stated and that a degree is not really necessary today????

That was it, but she was so incensed that she had to leave. Anyway, she has been in contact with the appropriate department and they are going to look into to it and she has contacted the local paper who are interested in doing a story – they had no idea JW’s were against higher education. Will keep you posted.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Good for her! It's so sad that God's people must be forced to tell the truth. HMMMMM???? I don't but the whole "play nice or they will cry persecution" bit anymore, they should be taken to task. I would love to hear what happens.

DD

• wasblind
    wasblind

Thanks Simon Morely

I suppose that Jehovah's Witness feels that his degree in philosophy is now a product of Satan's " independant thinking "

based on the line of reason from the WTS

' What is the origin of philosophies? '

" They come from people who have limitations : The Bible informs us : " It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step "

" They are developed by humans who are imperfect : " ( Because of such imperfection, human philosophies often reflect a basic selfishness that lead perhaps to monetary pleasure but also fustration and much unhappiness.) "

" They are influenced by demonic spirits : " The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one "_____Reasoning from the Scriptures Book pages 289-290

• wasblind
    wasblind

Unless you have a degree that can serve the WTS. It's from Satan

They don't need a " Philosopher " trynna tell the Boys in Brooklyn how to roll

and who needs the Philosophy of Jesus, or anybody else

When they claim to get the word straight from

Jehovah's mouth

But they do need Lawyers a plenty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit