Is this really a place for Jehovah's Witnesses/Friends

by jeff spreng 25 Replies latest jw friends

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Well Jeff, you sound like a great friend. But you have to be willing to give people a chance.

I have a friend like you. He has VERY few friends and a LOT of horrible background stories. He has a very hard time trusting. He is now 53. He was not a JW, but was in another controlling religion ( not quite as much as JWs).

He decided as a teen he would never have children or get married, and he hasn't. Although he missed out on much in life, he is also still finding the strength to try to enjoy life. He is a very good friend of mine, the most genuine person I know.

You will find friends, you WILL. The KH friends are mostly not really genuine friends as many here have pointed out, and you might have also found out.... Condintional friends. You are in complete and total control of you. You can decide to do, or not do...whatever you believe in your heart is right. It is not for others to tell you what to do or think.

People on this forum are very supportive and great resourses. I do hope you stick around. There is no perfect friend, but there are true friends.

• L3G
    L3G

Jeff, you have a PM.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Got more friends on JWN, in 2 months than in 8 years at my local (and now ex) KH.

Very down to earth people with no side to them.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I do not feel that I could be a Catholic or any other type of religion.

Hi Jeff.

The WT does a very good job of poisoning other religions to its converts. Even though you left, you are still letting it influence your decisions. Did they put you off the Trinity? Guess what ... they never discussed the Trinity as defined in the Catholic Encylopedia. Never. Not once. They only ever discussed Modalism and pretended that were giving the Catholics a jolly good bashing. Weasel words, trickery, quote mining, the SYBITT brochure was a scam. The short paragraph on John 20:28 was pathetic and didn't address any of the problems they have with it. Take a look. Analyse it for honesty phrase by phrase.

As for the honesty of individual JWs, I can get them to lie to me about their church in easily less than five minutes. It's even easier if there is a Worldly present for an audience. Mormons are the same. Ask the right questions and they'll both lie their butts off to not look like members of crazy cults.

If it doesn't matter to you if the WT has it's faults, why does it matter if the Catholics, the Mormons or the Moonies have faults? If you're going to join a church to use it as a social club, I suggest joining one that won't treat you like scum if you ever leave, & that ain't the Dubs the Mormons or the Moonies.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hey Jeff!

Whilst following spiritually blind humans one becomes lazy and passive.

It is hard work to transition to an authentic and active life and spirituality where one is challenged by others and their beliefs. This is how we grow and develop instead of stagnating.

This is how we outgrow irrational thinking and unreasonable expectations of ourselves and others.

It is the better path with better outcomes.

Become a giver who gives time, attentiveness, a listening ear, friendliness, compassion, smiles and caring to others and to their needs - you'll eventually be rather popular.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

hi jeff,

i am a born in jw, and have been on this site for a little over a year. i almost decided not to engage in this forum anymore because there are many here who no longer have any regard for the bible or God. but at the end of day there are many things here that can enlighten you, just be selective. also do what i do, carefully read the gospels and new testament. it will keep your faith strong, and you will discover not all of jw teachings are bible based.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit