Is this really a place for Jehovah's Witnesses/Friends

by jeff spreng 25 Replies latest jw friends

• jeff spreng
    jeff spreng

I ask this because I was considering rejoining and the stories I have read only remind me of what was done to me. Is there any clean place to go where good people and fellowship can be had. It sounds like maybe the people here should get together and start there own thing, like the reorganized Latter Day Saints. Thank you for your response.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

JWstruggle.com or 21st-century Christians with Bro Ed. if he is still around. Annointed JW.org is good. We are pretty candid around here, and we joke around, but everyone means well. Many here would give you the shirt of their back if you needed it.

DD

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Hi Jeff, there are some like me who are still 'in', and I genuinely enjoy and appreciate this forum. However, I'm selective as to which posts I concern myself with, because there are one or two who are who are just out to ridicule - which is fine - everyone to their own opinion. But I'm looking for facts and nail-in-the-coffin arguments with which I can gently enlighten some at the KH.

Enjoy your time here, and build up your personal data base with some excellent info on here!

• galaxie
    galaxie

Sorry i don't quite understand,what are you considering rejoining? If its the JWs why did you leave in the first place?. If not, do you feel you have to be a part of some organization for some reason?

• KateWild
    KateWild

Hello Jeff,

Welcome to JWN, I am new too, for the last few months. But I have actually met up with a few people from this site. It has not been for spiritual association, but more social and fun. Nice to meet you.

Kate xx

• LucidChimp
    LucidChimp

Depends what you mean by "clean" and "good" - and what you consider "fellowship".

This place is populated by Ex Jdubs who all have good reasons for being "Ex"... If you are considering rejoining, this is just about the best place to hear why you shouldn't.

Stick around and ask some questions before you decide what to do.

*edit - And if you haven't already done so check out www.jwfacts.com

• flipper
    flipper

Welcome to JWN. Many of us come here to give and receive mental/emotional support to JW's or ex-JW's or in between JW's or non-JW's. There is really no " label ". It's an open discussion forum and there's really no NEED to be a part of an organization in order to promote caring, open discussion among others. That can be done on an individual basis as the need arises. Just my 2 cents

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Hi Jeff there isn't going to be a group anywhere full of perfect people is there? We all get it wrong sometimes don't we? Why do you feel you need to join something may I ask? Most ordinary people I know have some family, some friends and work colleagues and that's how we get our social 'fix' if you know what I mean. Are all your family and friends still in the JWs?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Is there any clean place to go where good people and fellowship can be had.

................................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• steve2
    steve2

Is there any clean place to go where good people and fellowship can be had.

I'm flattered you'd consider asking someone like me! My JW mother - who adored me despite my imperishable apostate thinking - would say that my home environment was impeccably clean but that my mind was not. I suspect you'd run a mile if you cared to have a coffee with me. Sigh!

But you raise an interesting question. I do love the way you're looking for "a clean place to go". You sound like me when I was 15: Young and bushy-tailed and frankly delusional. The religious world far teems with "clean"-minded fellowship. You'll find no shortage of earnest JW-oriented people - if your looking for spiritual disinfectant that is.

I would only recommend the present site to bold thinkers, to people who are well and truly over being "correct" and who are sick of delusional religious thinking.

Quite frankly, such thinking is not for every ex-JW or JW affiliated ones.

Many ex-JWs prefer tamer sites that play similar tunes to the Watchtower but perhaps with the rough edges smoothed over.

Good luck in your search for a clean place. My supermarket has shelves full of different types of disinfectants. Hope you find what your looking for.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit