Jehovahs Witnesses to morph into a Tele-evangelical religion .

by smiddy 25 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy
  • steve2
    steve2

With special subscription offers only available if you answer your door within the next 24 hours. Be quick - this offer will not be repeated...because the end will come.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Why ? Simply because thats where the money is .

Door to door work is unproductive , it never has been for a long time , no money comes in since you couldnt charge for magazines.

Conventions , whether they were district , circuit , or national , and international , cost more now than they generate in revenue.

First world countries just dont donate enough money like they used to . (their are various reasons for that )

Third world countries just dont have the money to donate.

They can only dangle the carrot in front of people for so long and then poof .They see behind the curtain .

So , they have to re-invent themselves and Tele - evangelists are the way to go .

Admittably they will have to come up with some new ploy , spin , tack, but I`m sure they are up to that task , after all their are dollars at stake.

Possibly they could have a large venue in a major city or two , or even in a capital city in each state and televise it .

It works for quite a few other smaller religions who reap in the dollars ( Joyce Meyer , Hillsong Ministries , Tommorows World , etc. ) with a few tweaks I`m sure the witnesses could re-invent the system to their advantage .

smiddy

• smiddy
    smiddy

LOL steve 2

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

The "Octo-Pope Hour" on Sunday mornings.

• Violia
    Violia

Dr. Gene Scott, lol.

• Simon
    Simon

Actually, I can see them doing that at one point - they are definitely moving to be more of a lifestyle religion without the imminent end-times nuttyness although their presentations usually lack the charisma and singing that the TV evangelicals usually have. But maybe they'll have a niche.

BTW: anyone know if you can block TV channels?!

• sir82
    sir82

Conventions , whether they were district , circuit , or national , and international , cost more now than they generate in revenue.

Sounds intriguing. Any evidence to back up the claim?

I have long believed that assemblies & conventions are the by-far largest source of non-investment income for the WTS.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I don't think they have the "balls" (leadership) to make such a change. They are dogmatically tied to the D2D work, and it keeps em busy.

Add to that they don't want real exposure as to what they believe. Can you imagine a nutjob talk about the big A like the once Ciro has circulating on youtube?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Conventions and assemblies do not lose money, no way.

The convention pays for itself with the expense report, and built into every expense report is a lump sum cash donation.

Ea$y money for the WTBT$.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit