Do you feel guilty?

by Justmenthedogs 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Justmenthedogs
    Justmenthedogs

So while I was out hiking with the dogs today I got to thinking about this forum and was wondering how many of you still feel guilty from time to time for leaving? I do, I miss my family at times but then I think about the life that I have created and I have a good one, I have good friends and I am happy, happier then I ever was as a JW. I was just wondering if others feel the same way sometimes.

• humbled
    humbled

I have no family left behind in the cult. But even if I did--did I leave them in a burning building to save only myself? NO!!!!

You DID save your life, in a sense. But, honestly, what can anyone do to get others out of their twilight sleep?

Maybe do just what you are doing--having a great life out in the wilds with your dogs!

NO GUILT FOR ME. My dear friends for 22 years don't talk to me anymore. But what can I do for them?

No, no guilt. Enjoy yourself.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Hi justme, No, it is quite the opposite. I felt constant guilt when i was in. Never enough service time, never enough meetings, never enough study, never enough prayer etc. Once hubby and I learned TTATT the guilt began to evaporate. We realized the deficiency was not with us but was with the WTBT$! I feel like a giant weight has been lifted and I no longer fear Armageddon. Some in our disfunctional family shun us but they critized us while we were still in so no loss there either.

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

The only regret I have is not leaving earlier. I wasted the best years of my life in that f***** up cult.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Never.

My mom and sister are still in, and i feel bad for them.

I was delusional and living their (WTS’) lie without realizing it. Most every JW is in the delusion. I can’t help but feel bad for them.

After leaving, I realized how much needless guilt I felt while attending. I felt I could never live up to their standards and always felt guilt for one thing or another.

Fu*k em. No more guilt.

• Justmenthedogs
    Justmenthedogs

There is no way I would ever change my family, they are in deep. I relate to all the guilt back then, always worried about doing something wrong and wanting so much more but at times I feel bad that I don't see my family and my folks are only getting older, I just don't want any regrets with them but I also need to be true to myself and cannot be something I am not just for other people.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Not anymore, it didn't last long.

I absolutely devoured so much information on the true nature of the WTS that there is no way I could ever feel guilty about leaving such an evil and corrupt organization.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

I spent 36 years being religious. I plan to spend the next 36 educating myself, traveling and doing yoga.

I do not feel guilty at all!

• finally awake
    finally awake

I don't have anyone left in that I feel responsible for, so my guilt is limited to feeling bad about ever exposing my children to the borg in the first place.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..........................The WBT$ Nightmare is Over!!..

........................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit