Do you feel guilty?

by Justmenthedogs 26 Replies latest jw friends

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

One of the emotions that I committed to removing from my life included guilt. Guilt is a worthless emotion that just drags you down. So, no I have no guilt. I take responsibility for everything I have done in my life.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Realistically how could someone with a sane moral social conscience feel guilt about leaving a corrupt

and ignorant religious publishing cult .

Since I was born into this cult the only thing I feel is regret for having been pushed into it from my parents.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

If my mother was still alive I'd be riddled with guilt, because I couldn't bring myself to destroy her 50 years service and faith by telling her TTATT. I don't mind sharing seeds with others, but to obliterate a loved one's heart and mind because we think they should be told TTATT, is far too brutal and shows a lack of of compassion and empathy.

Every Witness should be asked leading questions to try and get them to think for themselves - then they really WILL make the truth their own!

• I quit!
    I quit!

I don't feel the least bit guilty. Actually I feel very greatful that I got out when I did while I was still young and had the time to make a better life for myself rather than wasting decades of my life selling books and magazine for a religious cult waiting for the end of the world that never came.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

I still miss a couple my old JW friends who I was very close to, the best friends I ever had.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

for some years i questioned whether it was the right thing to do. i have returned to the hall and given it another six months since leaving trying it slightly differently which didn't really work. i can explain my reasons for leaving easier in the last few years and i feel no guilt about leaving, i think i would have a feeliing of guilt if i stayed as i would be a hypocrite.

• Perry
    Perry

No. Instead of guilt, I feel VICTORIOUS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit