"Is my life now more meaningful, and am I happier?"

by Julia Orwell 26 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

YES, YES YES ! My life is MUCH happier as well ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• KateWild
    KateWild

What a lovely experience. You did the absolute right thing leaving, and now the world really is your oyster. Congrats on your new home and teaching career.

I am happier too. We went to the gym and played in the squash courts and went for a swim instead of the meetings and came home to do some homework.

I agree, being away from that toxic environment certainly helps with mental energy for other pursuits.

Kate xx

• sspo
    sspo

Much happier now to live a life not controlled by a few men in Brooklyin or whatever they moved to.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

My husband is doing very well also. He now has time and free conscience to get into things he likes, and is very contented. He's lost all his "friends" but my father and brother have really stepped into the breach and taken him in socially. He is preparing for the future. He was only a jw for maybe four years this time around, in contrast to my 14 so the indoctrination wasn't as strong for him.

• humbled
    humbled

Julia,

Your post today is a huge lift. Your journal on JWN has been so real, so open. Julia, you are so going into your life--thank you, thank you for haing so honestly. You are reaping your own reward for being so honest--with yourself first of all. And you are kind.

I expect we'll here less of you now--and that is good. You are walking into a busy world, a busy future.

All the best,

Maeve

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

Is my life now more meaningful and am I happier since I am free from schackles?

What type of question is this?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Is my life now more meaningful and am I happier since I am free from schackles?

What type of question is this?

Obviously one written by nitwits who have spent the last 30 years in Bethel and have no idea what living a normal life is like.

I was struck by the question when I thought about it in depth a few days ago. I won't lie and say my life is full of rainbows each and every day, but what I thought about was how would it be if I actually went back. I literally started getting anxious and nervous at the thought of being on that JW hamster wheel. The constant meetings, serve-us, getting dressed up for all of that.

Then I thought of having to deal with the people again, the dim-witted conversation that comes before and after meetings. The driving around in circles while in service with people I had nothing in common with. Uggggghh.

The mental freedom is great, but the physical freedom...priceless!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit