The Watchtower Society is IRRELEVANT!

by nicolaou 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I'm not ignoring the pain that thousands of disfellowshipped JW's suffer or the needless deaths or undealt with abuses. To all these people the Watchtower Society is far from irrelevant - it's the cause of their misery, isolation and loss.

So what DO I mean?

If we want to make a difference then our focus needs to be on PEOPLE. On the young boys & girls like we once were who are still having further education and fulfilling life choices snatched away from them. On the husbands and wives whose relationships are skewed by the intrusion of nonsense and the treadmill of pointless activity. On the old folks whose dreams have faded and who fear a future they could never have anticipated.

We need to reach over the heads of the circle-jerking Governing Body and its ranks of sycophantic 'yes' men to the PEOPLE WE LOVE!

Abandon any ideas of bringing down the Watchtower or making offers to meet and discuss reform. Forget working from within your congregations as an undercover but sympathetic elder - just talk kindly to the PEOPLE YOU LOVE.

Nic'

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

Exactly!

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Pretty much.

• designs
  • KateWild
    KateWild

I agree we should focus on individuals, love bomb them, show a real genuine interest, empathy and perhaps we may deprgram one from a damaging CULT, but if not, at least they know we care.

Kate xx

• cantleave
    cantleave

Agreed

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I agree, but I find no opportunities now to talk to my JW family about their beliefs etc, they simply shut me down, which is fair enough, I suppose as I made it plain long ago that I do nor wish them to preach to me.

The Uber Elder of the family has told them all not to discuss anything with me as it will "destroy their faith".

How frail their "truth" is ! real truth stands up to any scrutiny or attack.

I will talk kindly to them, but they will not hear what they need to hear, obviously.

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

Finally someone who understands... Welcome my Lone Wolve Brother ;)

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

There is a comment made by a regular poster on this site, simplistically elegant.....the quote:

"It's a cult!!!"

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

"I find no opportunities now to talk to my JW family about their beliefs" That IS a problem but usually only because of our own impatience. Given enough time the opportunities do tend to present themselves, the trick is to take advantage tactfully instead of blundering in in a rush of pent up frustration. Easy to say I know . . .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit