WT ain't going out of business.

by joe134cd 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

We don't know how much money they possess. It is possible that ordinary Witnesses take such umbrage at the Conti case that their contributions have increased more than any possible ultimate damage award. Don't count your Conti money before the appellate courts decide in your favor. Their liability may be negative.

No one here has standing to find out what their financial status is now. The general public is much more fascinated with the holdings of the Roman Catholic Church. Several parts of the Catholic puzzle are transparent. Yet the most important pieces remain secret, esp. the holdings of the Vatican Bank. I once worked on a local prosecution that involved the Vatican Bank. Witnesses were being assasinated on special London bridges. Medieval secret societies were used. I cursed the day I was assigned to the case. Their art work is absolutely priceless.

The Witnesses have always been secretive. I don't know if any religion publishes this sensitive information about itself. We should not expect the WT to reveal more than other religions. I wonder how many people even have knowledge of the correct sum.

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

Hey Joe,

I agree, I don't think they will ever totally disappear. Even if they start haemorraging money, the Crazy 8 and the top tier will insulate themselves from it and push it back on the sheep.

What will hurt them in the long run is the internet. It will help those with doubts to see that they are not alone, and that it is possible to get out, and also prevent many from joining up. When it comes to the internet, websites, and Google the Org is one against a thousand and people have inquisitive minds.

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

It seems that in over a century, everybody that had dealings with these scumbags wishes they never had.

They are very sneaky, but they wouldn't be able to keep the business going if the media exposed them for what they really are about.

For some reason that has never happened.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Active Witnesses will not believe the validity of a judgment against the WT. They will see it as persecution of the righteous. You are assuming that active Witnesses views the world the way normal people do. The case has proceeded to a jury award. There is no knashing of teeth among active JWs. They fear to the Society. If you have not questioned the Witnesses so far, you are not going to question them after an appeals court ruling. The appellate ruling will revolve around legal duties. It will be boring compared to the jury award.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

"There,s no business like snow business." As long as they can make snow, they're in business.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

This religion was build from the ground up, one brick at a time.

Their biggest asset isn't actually their stockpile of cash or real estate, its the rabid devotion of their base. They offer everlasting life in a paradise earth. Once a person is fully convinced they are going to receive that kind of reward, its very difficult to dislodge them from that belief.

With a power base like that, there are lots of ways to extract cash. The new bibles probably brought in a hundred million or more. They could institute a tithe and while they may lose a few, the rest would gladly pay, after all how else will they get their petting zoo?

Implosion won't happen, erosion will. Built a brick at a time, taken down the same way. All of us will be long gone before the WTS ceases to exist.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

The new bibles probably brought in a hundred million or more.

They weren't free?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

They are handed out "without charge" but the assumption is that you donate for any literature that you receive. There used to be set prices on every piece of literature until the WTS feared being taxed on sales back in around 1990 or so.

A hundred million was a random guess I threw out there, probably a bit high. If they gave (sold) 2 million during this first printing and they received an average contribution of $25 a bible it would be $50 million. Anyone know how many were in the first printing?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

They are handed out "without charge" but the assumption is that you donate for any literature that you receive. There used to be set prices on every piece of literature until the WTS feared being taxed on sales back in around 1990 or so.

A hundred million was a random guess I threw out there, probably a bit high. If they gave (sold) 2 million during this first printing and they received an average contribution of $25 a bible it would be $50 million. Anyone know how many were in the first printing?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit