WT ain't going out of business.

by joe134cd 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I've heard this said in other posts, so now I'm going to combine it in one post.

The $28 million awarded to Conti is only drop in the bucket for what they are worth.

There would have to be 100 s of successful sex abuse law suites before they would feel it. Quite frankly I don't reckon there would be enough with the right circumstances to have a successful case against Wt. Having a dozen or so cases isn't going to break the bank. If I was the GB the money loss would be insignificant to the damage done to their credibility and reputation.

Sure they are cutting back and down sizing but if they play their cards right the billions that they have got stored up will last them well into the future. Put it this way they will out live me. They are far from financial ruin. I'm guessing soon 1st world countries will go totally electronic, and printed page for the 3rd world.

• KateWild
    KateWild

WT is a multi-billion dollar conglomeragte. A bit of bad press and law suits are what big businesses are used to. They also put on the fake face as a charity to make their net worth even more. Kate xx

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

yep..totally electronic and low overheads.....and only preaching work will be via street trolleys etc....

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

A reasonable conclusion, based on what you stated. However, I feel that you missed out THE single most important element necessary for the Org's survival - ongoing income!

No one knows how much the the WTBTS must have lost in the credit crunch via their investments in Wall Street, but they would have caused serious concern amongst the financial suits in Brooklyn.

However, the mounting pedophile lawsuits will greatly exacerbate those losses, and when you factor in the likely dramatic drop in contributions from the sheep when the media informs them that the Worldwide Work contributions are being used to pay off victims of the GB's directives, the money making machine will really begin to creak and falter!

• Splash
    Splash

Add to that the $200 million they spend on special pioneers, CO's and DO's each year (according to the 2014 yearbook) then there's a pretty big drain on finances that needs constant feeding.

Splash

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

The whole empire depends on voluntary contributions. It costs millions to insure, heat, and light the massive buildings. Never mind feeding volunteers. As the voluntary contributions go, so goes the empire. Same with any empire when the citizens cannot or do not pay the tax.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

The searcher= it's a story of old money invested wisely will see them well into the future. If they can generate income off the real estate sales by wise investments, this will see them through the hard times. i strongly suspect the money is been used for anything but the preaching work, hence no mention of what it's been used for. The containment of this information e.g mags on demonic media & speculation.

i honestly believe the sex abuse cases there might be a couple dozen at the most. This won't topple them, and it certainly won't be like the Catholic Church. I believe the sex abuse is different to that of the catholic church in that the priests were paid employees of an organisation, where as with the witnesses it was a matter of terrible mismanagement / lousy advise / and confidentiality with congregation members. Although it is quite likely that sex abuse is rampent with in the organization trying to make that organization accountable for it is quite another matter. Well thats my view of it.

• LogCon
    LogCon

It seems to me that :

Watchtower Society has "BUMFUZZLED" many JWN members on this forum.

Example:

My mother-in-law can bumfuzzle anyone with her convoluted logic.

About the word:

Bumfuzle may have begun as dumfound, which evolved, through time, into dumfoozle and then into

bumfoozle. Dumfound or dumbfound remains a common word today, but bumfuzzle is extremely rare.

However the Watchtower Society may be intrumental in bringing it into common use.

In other words, the Watchtower Society may have become "Master Bumfuzzlers".

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

The power of the cont case isn't the number od donated dollars into the contribution box, lost to criminal punishments but the tarnish on the WT ivory tower.

Most JW's see the org as pure, white as snow, gods government on earth. Why? Because this is what Watchtower tell them.

Anything that shows people that these uneducated book publishers with there hand out, are no different to everyone else, that is the power of the Conti case.

No longer can they claim that the preaching work will suffice for the judgment of mankind. Anyone knowing about the case and all the other unscriptural activity of WT, can simply state that such things are evidence of the organisation not being sufficintly scriptural or of the spirit of the word.

No longer can WT play the innocent, never been caught being naughty card like all the other FALSE religions. Now Watchtower is no different.

Of course, Watchtower have been here before, be it Russell selling miracle wheat or being divorced for having 'octopus hands', or Rutherford and the physical fight at HQ that required police intervention, as reported in the news. The reality is that these guys have always been VERY human, but over the 80's and 90's they became a little invisible to the real world, and in that nonchelance they painted themselves white, because the only people really looking at them were people who were not allowed to say otherwise, even Gov Body members who left due to consciential crisis.

Anything vocalising the humanity of Watchtower is helpful. As for the finances... Well, scientology is still making a fortune despite all of its negaive attention. It doesn't really mean much, beyond, the disgusting nature of humans SELLING spirituality, be it scientology, the pope or Watchtower, the money is actually useful in understanding the very basic motivations of such movements.

Nothing organised by a sincere deity would ever have the need of involvment of our financial institutions.

God would not need our money! Men do !

• losingit
    losingit

Has the Conti case gotten much press outside of ex jdub land?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit