I want to grow my hair back out!

by onlyastory 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I used to think they didn't "make me" do many things.

There are ways without direct orders or requests. They made you do that.

Take your life back. Grow your hair back if you want to. See how it goes.

Welcome to the forum.

• Steve_C
    Steve_C

You might find this guy's blog interesting: http://ramblingsofaniconoclast.blogspot.tw/ He used to be a JW and have a different blog on Geocities. I remember reading it years ago, and I could sense his struggle between wanting to continue as a JW, and his strong desire to grow his hair long.

From his introduction:

Indeed, the term ‘longhair’ is taken proudly by some men and women who have long hair as part of their identity. I relate very much to what the article says about those who felt they should have long hair from early in childhood. I was probably no more than seven years old when I first felt this way. While it’s true that many parents will not allow their children to wear their hair the way they want to, my restrictions went past my graduation into adulthood due to being a member of a high control group that doesn’t permit its male members to wear their hair long.

A few years back he had a lot of changes in his life, including getting divorced, gradually fading (I assume) and finally achieving his long hair dream. I'm not sure if his new blog reflects any of his former JW feeling, but perhaps you could send him a message.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

More than half of the Witnesses who are in good standing have long hair. They just happen to be females!

• jgnat
    jgnat

I have one word for you. Samson.

Samson

• rebel8
    rebel8

It's your body.

The Bible does not say you can't have long hair. In fact, it encourages it. You'll be able to wrestle lions!

j/k

What does Revelation 22:18 say about adding to the things that are written? Use your critical thinking skills--be a good person, do what's right--that's what's important, not made-up rules.

Keep thinking and good luck on your journey

• gorgia2
    gorgia2

I have always been madly inlove with Robert Plant. Imagining him minus all that wild rock n' roll hair - unthinkable!!!

Your hair is a part of your identity. I remember one young 'brother' in our cong who returned from the big bad world with shoulder-length hair. Slowly but surely his hair was trimmed; it took a few years but the WTS won in the end - he ended up with a boring ol' short and sides, like all the other men. If you suit your hair long and it's length is part of your identity - don't cut it for the WTS! I am sorry you've become baptised, but you've come to a great site if you ever need advice or just a listening ear.

gorgia

• Blackbird Fly
    Blackbird Fly

go for it!!

• stillin
    stillin

I had long hair when I studied. The pressure to conform was interesting, because obviously, I was a non-conformist, and still am. I was de-conforming away from my "worldly" friends. However, I don't miss getting hung up on some bush or something. With or without the JWs, shorter hair was meant to be. I have entertained the idea of having a rat tail or shaving my head. That would get them wondering what was going on inside it!

• crmsicl
    crmsicl

grow it back it will increase your extra sensory perception:

In the early nineties, Sally [name changed to protect privacy] was married to a licensed psychologist who worked at a VA Medical hospital. He worked with combat veterans with PTSD, post traumatic stress disorder. Most of them had served in Viet Nam.

Sally said, "I remember clearly an evening when my husband came back to our apartment on Doctor\'s Circle carrying a thick official looking folder in his hands. Inside were hundreds of pages of certain studies commissioned by the government. He was in shock from the contents. What he read in those documents completely changed his life. From that moment on my conservative middle of the road husband grew his hair and beard and never cut them again. What is more, the VA Medical center let him do it, and other very conservative men in the staff followed his example. As I read the documents, I learned why.

It seems that during the Viet Nam War special forces in the war department had sent undercover experts to comb American Indian Reservations looking for talented scouts, for tough young men trained to move stealthily through rough terrain. They were especially looking for men with outstanding, almost supernatural, tracking abilities. Before being approached, these carefully selected men were extensively documented as experts in tracking and survival.

With the usual enticements, the well proven smooth phrases used to enroll new recruits, some of these indian trackers were then enlisted. Once enlisted, an amazing thing happened. Whatever talents and skills they had possessed on the reservation seemed to mysteriously disappear, as recruit after recruit failed to perform as expected in the field.

Serious casualities and failures of performance led the government to contract expensive testing of these recruits, and this is what was found.

When questioned about their failure to perform as expected, the older recruits replied consistantly that when they received their required military haircuts, they could no longer \'sense\' the enemy, they could no longer access a \'sixth sense\' , their \'intuition\' no longer was reliable, they couldn\'t \'read\' subtle signs as well or access subtle extrasensory information. Read more: http://www.disclose.tv/forum/long-hair-extra-sensory-perception-t88751.html#ixzz2q75O71nZ

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Come to think of it all kinds of shaving are wholly unatural and ungodly..

Beard shaving and the common use of the razor an unnatural, irrational ...

By William Henry Henslowe

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=XxIEAAAAQAAJ&pg=PA2#v=onepage&q&f=false

A BEWHISKERED BELIEVER BEWILDERED BY BEARD-HATING BRETHREN

http://www.iahushua.com/gatesofeden/beard.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit