Some vs Many

by Londo111 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Londo111
    Londo111

Some and many are weasel words.

The Watchtower has other weasel words and phrases: evidently, probably, we understand this to mean…

• Comatose
    Comatose

Evidently is a personal favorite.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Some were evidently affected by Satanic propaganda. They did not believe that the end would come soon, in their lifetime!

Who is some in this case? Me, my mom, the sister who died last week? The newborn in our KH? Who's lifetime? How long is soon??

• Ding
    Ding

WT word parsing would make a great topic for a book.

The GB uses these techniques to condemn others for the very things they are doing.

One of my favorites comes from the 10/8/68 Awake: "True, there were those in times past who predicted an `end to the world,' even announcing a specific date... They were guilty of false prophesying..."

I wonder who THOSE people were who did that... 1914... 1918... 1925... 1942... 1975...

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Good one. Evidently Jehovah has blessed his servants with increased light about how some and many should be used.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Londo111

Excellent that you have pointed this out . thinking back these past 54 years , on the 135 years of WT history , the "spin" they put on what they say makes polticians look like angles .

smiddy

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Good observations, Londo :-) One of my bugbears too - "some thought/felt/believed/expected [insert discarded teaching here]" is a sneaky way to minimize or divert attention away from the fact that it was the Org leadership who officially taught those now-discarded thoughts/feelings/beliefs/expectations.

smiddy - I guess you're trying to say that politicians are obtuse? ;-)

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

That was a very interesting observation.....cunning, maniputive and deliberate....

• Londo111
    Londo111

Thanks, everyone.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

WW

Many JWs are sincere. Some JWs are evil. All JWs are spreading lies and propaganda.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit