Jehovah's Witness juror - “The actions of this juror are a complete disgrace,” said Prince George’s County State’s Attorney Angela Alsobrooks.

by Sol Reform 51 Replies latest social current

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

In the UK jury duty isn't frowned upon (at least in my murky neck of the woods), my other half has done it and a few others I know have too...

• Comatose
    Comatose

I can guarantee you that she got pressure from "the friends" and after all that time and money she quit from the pressure. Jeez... Pathetic.

• sd-7
    sd-7

You have got to be kidding me. I remember hearing about this story on the news. I might even have known this person, the JW, I mean. I had four days of jury duty myself in PG County, but they said I was an alternate juror and dismissed me.

But it's sad because from the way they handle things prior to the trial, there is literally no reason at all for a JW to be in this position. They give you every opportunity to get out of a case on the basis of some specific circumstance like religion. I think the persecution complex in itself generates an unhealthy amount of fear about an already nerve-wracking situation, so I do understand why a JW might not stand up, but standing up BEFORE the trial could have prevented this person from being in trouble with the court AFTER the trial. A man's life wasn't worth that to this woman? Someone else could have stepped in and helped to see justice done. Shameful. And a needless burden on the courts.

Hmm. But this is interesting. I suppose they'll never reveal the person's name, though...ah, well.

--sd-7

• rebel8
    rebel8

during jury selection, every juror was asked whether they would be unable to serve because of their religion

Why?

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

What a mess. JW's are fine with jury duty. This person is just off the reservation. Who can blame them with so many mixed signals.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

judging others was a violation of her religion as a Jehovah's Witness

Jehovah's Witnesses were pretty quick to adversely judge me for going to school one night a week. I lost all my "privileges".

W

• rebel8
    rebel8

HMMM...I didn't know they are fine with jury duty! Must be a new thing.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

From the foregoing commentary it's pretty much obvious that this person is a dipstick who also happens to be a Jehovah's Witness. No surprise. There are JWs who are dipsticks. There are also Jehovah's Witnesses who are assholes, and those who are ___________s. The question is, are there proportionally more JWs who are dipsticks, assholes and ______________s than in the general population? Dunno, but I don't think so.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Nice to see you Nickolas. Happy New Year !!!!!

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Thank you, wasblind. Do you realise you did exactly the same thing one of the last times I was in here, 9 months ago? Except for the Happy New Year part. You too. I'm just passing through. At some point I might want to spend more time in this place but not yet. Nice to see you too. :o)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit