I Admire Norway

by metatron 24 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
  • cookiemaster
    cookiemaster

I know, one of my favorite countries in the world. If things go sideways in my country, Norway will be my next destination.

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

Seven notoriously expensive destinations (and how to go for cheap)

"Norway

Almost everything is terribly expensive in Norway, from accommodations to food to tours. A pint of beer, for example, costs $14.10, according to Business Insider. And the Economist's Big Mac Index places Norway's burger at the top of the list-- at a whopping $7.51, or about 46 kroner."

[Not to discourage you from exploring, just to see that you are fully informed. ]

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Norway is ridiculously expensive, and very wealthy. It is also very beutiful at the right time of year. For my money, I think Sweden is more my speed, and not as expensive. I am wondering how I can get a job there!

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

A commentator yesterday said that Sweden has a 75% tax rate. (I'm sure we'll get there some day...)

• factfinder
    factfinder

Norway is expensive but I was told the salaries there are very high too.

My favorite band, a-ha and my favorite singer Morten Harket are Norwegian. It is a beautiful, peaceful, clean country. If I were to visit another country Norway (and Canada) would be it.

• LV101
    LV101

Isn't this the country people have the highest standard of living - even before this millionaire landmark? WOW is right.

It is a beautiful country at end of spring anyway. Would love to return someday.

• prologos
    prologos

they live like kings,

VI-KINGS

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

A commentator yesterday said that Sweden has a 75% tax rate. (I'm sure we'll get there some day...)

I have a thread about Sweden and their elder care. I have made friends with board member who lives there. He says the tax rate is less than half of what the commentator claims. Look it up in my Topics started history. They also get a lot more for the taxes they pay.

Edited to add: okay, he said 30-40% in Sweden. Here's a link for the discusion: What do you think of Sweden's care for the elderly? 2 3

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

I admit I haven't done a lot of research on that one, Flying. I'm sure you're right. 30-40% isn't that bad for a tax rate.

I admit to being a person who prefers freedom and self-reliance, over government controls in my life. This way of thinking is vanishing is the age of technology, and as they work harder to achieve one world government.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit