Do you have something to prove?

by freeflyingfaerie 12 Replies latest jw friends

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

F**k I don't know- if you know what's hassling you then I think that's 99% of the problem solved- in a way.... but you can alway print out a page of affirmations; like this:

• I deserve to be happy and successful
    • I have the power to change myself
    • I can forgive and understand others and their motives
    • I can make my own choices and decisions
    • I am free to choose to live as I wish and to give priority to my desires
    • I can choose happiness whenever I wish no matter what my circumstances
    • I am flexible and open to change in every aspect of my life
    • I act with confidence having a general plan and accept plans are open to alteration
    • It is enough to have done my best
    • I deserve to be loved

... and stick it onto your refrigerator door. It sounds corny, but it helps... and it will only cost you two cents... which is about all my advice is worth, I'm afraid.

• humbled
    humbled

Fly on over it. You will!

Good for you getting on with life. Blue days come and I can understand not filling the family in on all the details...

You are not dumb--and I don't know you. But I know people who say that don't say it because it is true--they say it to hurt.

Good night, Faery.

Maeve

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

I really appreciate everyone's support here, thank you for that~

I feel better now after an emotional release yesterday. Letting the tears flow is therapy in itself.

What I've come to realize is that on the sensitivity spectrum...I'm on the high side.

This is a blessing and a curse.

It brings me intense joy and pleasure to take in certain music..look upon some natural wonder, smelling a flower is an experience. But, then I tend to also take the negative/dark things in deeply as well. It is always in the back of my mind that there is immense suffering being experienced on this planet at any given moment. If I dwell too very long on that reality, I become overwhelmed with sadness. What good that does come out of this sadness is that it reminds me to cherish all that is good in my own life, and to be kind to others.

Anyway, I always end up snapping back out of the darkness...after I stare at it for a while first. There is a conscious choice I have to make to turn toward the light. It can feel cold, sometimes I want to be numb..like hypothermia in a deep, dark ocean. I almost don't even want to get warm again, because it means having to feel so much. But, life and the beauty that does exist here call me back...and so I return, maybe with a new perspective, and a renewed sense of wonder. I don't believe I'll ever really 'get there'. I don't have a destination. I had to give up the dream/idea that there will be total peace, equality, and abundance in a paradise(at least the picture of it I once had). I have to be content somehow with creating my beauty in my own little world..and maybe somehow bringing a smile to someone else...in hopes to spread love. If I'm going to exist, I'd like to somehow add to what's good in this world.

Thanks for hearing me out, whoever you are~

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit