CO talk

by Fatal Error 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Fatal Error
    Fatal Error

I discussed all of this with a JW this mirning, and my first point was that, as SumnerSloan says, surely the loving thing to do would be to go out and care for these people spiritually, encourage them and not reject them??

Oh no no no, was the answer, they've already been given a chance to strengthen themselves, they know of the arrangement, we can't force them. So they're doing it to themselves.

Excuse my french, but What the Fuck??

• waiting
    waiting

Sooooooo, as SummerSloan brought out the scripture of the good shepherd - which we've all read & heard at least 100 times.....what is the application NOW in the organization?

An anti-application - the shepherd turns his back on the one.....which is fast growing into 20 lost, and corrals the 80 left to make sure that they don't stray either?

"Once strayed, always lost" must be the new JW slogan. Doesn't even take committing a sin (no fun!) anymore. Just be inactive. It makes JW sense......but absolutely no biblical sense.

It's getting to be One Nasty Group of Cultists, closing the gates on the insiders tighter and tighter.

I'm so glad I'm outa there!

waiting

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    It's getting to be One Nasty Group of Cultists, closing the gates on the insiders tighter and tighter.

That’s what this is all about, not trying to bring those back into the Borg but keeping those ones from straying away from the cult.

Will

"I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."
    Mark Twain

• Deleted
    Deleted

Afternoon all 8-]

As I understand it the DFing and DAing rules tightened in 1981 after Ray Franz (apostate emeritus) was outed. There was a wt on it in maybe August 81. Apparently that created heartbreak in many "split" families, as I am sure we can all vouch for today.

As for the good-cop bad-cop routine it's a bit like the usual sales program to get you out there peddling notions and magazine. Though I have read that the Writing and Service departments have different views, apparently for years (I believe Ray Franz was in the writing department in the early 70's). Hardliner Jaracz ran the Service department. I have no idea what the structure is now. Maybe someone could throw a light on the current politic at Borg HQ?

But you can't support the publishing machine without your sales efforts, so that must have the upper hand.

Peace

Glen who once was Deleted.

All along, the Watchtower
    told a pack of lies,
    covering up their mistakes
    and wasting all our time.

• anewlife
    anewlife

Waiting: I appreciated the simplistic analogy you gave! That is sooo true. Do they really think a brief lunch or seeing a movie together is going to tear someone away from the strong convictions, devotion and loyalty they have to Jehovah and the organization? So basically what they're saying is the "world" has more to offer than they do? (We know it does and obviously they do too!) It sounds like they're really getting "scared." This type of thinking mentality explains a lot. My sister is only inactive and they treat her as they do me..DF'd.

Fatal Error: Waiting to hear how the Sunday talk went...please share your notes.

anewlife

• Fatal Error
    Fatal Error

Anewlife,

New post going up now , closing this one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit