Best "wake-up-call"-arguments?!

by Mr Fool 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mr Fool
    Mr Fool

Especially three statements has annoyd me (I´m in the truth/I know God/I deliver the truth) and putting these statements into questions have been very interesting!

1. -When you are out in the service, do you deliever the words of God and the truth? After an "Yes"-answer:

1b. -How can you have the consciense to lie to me? After a "what do you mean"-question:

1c. -Only the one who is Perfect can deliver the truth. We who are imperfect can only deliver our convictin of what we believe is the truth, and thats complete different. So why did you lie to me?

2 -Do you know God? After an "Yes"-answer:

2b. -A humble person would never have the consciense to exalt himself to such a level of arrogance to claim that to know God. So why this selfish exaltation?

3. -Are you in the Truth? After an "yes"-answer:

3b. -Jesus is the truth and you live in the truth, do you live in Jesus?

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

My favorite is the new light on how the FDS are NOT appointed yet....so for 90+ years theyve been teaching something false. Make sure you ask before hand "Brother yoyo, if something isnt true then what is it?" Chances are theyll say false.....then hammer them with how they arent appointed and the organized book says this is one reason why we can trust them...and the fact that they are presumptukus enough to say that Jesus WIlL appoint them.....subverting the big man once again.

• Mr Fool
    Mr Fool

Jon Preston, a good argument point, especially that it took more than 90 years for the FDS to get an "accurate" knowledge from their king Jesus. However, jw´s are forgiving to the Wt´s interpretations and claim that mistakes can happen beacause we are all imperfect (including the GB as individuals). "The GB does its best and the adjustments shows sign of new deeper understandings bla bla etc etc"

• Mr Fool
    Mr Fool

"Why did Jehovah allowed His organization to spread lies in 93 years, until 2013, about judging people in the last days?"

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The latest is that the FDS were appointed in 1919, just not over all the "belongings" ,if I have the matter correct. I really don't bother too much these days with the convoluted downright twaddle they come out with, and call truth, so I may have that wrong.

My reason for posting though is past experience of trying to reason with JW's. Express one thing abit wrong, and they will pick on that and miss, or really, dismiss, the whole of your argument.

The main point of what you say is valid, for 93 years or so, they taught something different than what they now teach, since July last year. (Though some active JW's still have not caught up.)

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member
    Best "wake-up-call"?

This one kind of did it for me.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Phizzy: The main point of what you say is valid, for 93 years or so, they taught something different than what they now teach, since July last year.

Yes! And an excellent follow-up question would be this: "If the new teaching about the FDS is correct, then what was the old one?"

That being said, discussing DOCTRINE almost never works in "waking-up" someone in a cult. Trying to engage their authentic self has a much better chance of success. Even then, a person probably won't change until they've seen the hypocriscy, lies and deception for themself and been personally mistreated. That's just the way it is.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

An honest open minded person would indeed see these comments as an invitation to scrutinize the WT teachings and view them with skepticism until proven right, but that is the last thing that the writer intended or that a dub would take from the article. Basically they mean that they are always right and everything else should be viewed in that way. One has to see it through the filter of dubdom....See these extracts from the beginning and end of the article.

g00 6/22 p 9 "Do Not Be a Victim Of Propaganda"

THERE is a difference—a big difference—between education and propaganda. Education shows you how to think. Propaganda tells you what to think. Good educators present all sides of an issue and encourage discussion. Propagandists relentlessly force you to hear their view and discourage discussion. Often their real motives are not apparent. They sift the facts, exploiting the useful ones and concealing the others. They also distort and twist facts, specializing in lies and half-truths. Your emotions, not your logical thinking abilities, are their target....................................................

Previously, it was mentioned that the Bible is a sure guide for clear thinking. Jehovah’s Witnesses unequivocally subscribe to Jesus’ statement to God: “Your word is truth.” (John 17:17) This is so because God, the Author of the Bible, is “the God of truth.”—Psalm 31:5.
    Yes, in this age of sophisticated propaganda, we can confidently look to Jehovah’s Word as the source of truth. Ultimately this will protect us from those who want to ‘exploit us with counterfeit words.’—2 Peter 2:3.

• Giordano
    Giordano

I wouldn't want to try to argue Mr. Fool out of his point. By their own words and the changes they have made to their 'truth' they have been quilty of spreading propaganda.

THERE is a difference—a big difference—between education and propaganda. Education shows you how to think. Propaganda tells you what to think. Good educators present all sides of an issue and encourage discussion. Propagandists relentlessly force you to hear their view and discourage discussion. Often their real motives are not apparent. They sift the facts, exploiting the useful ones and concealing the others. They also distort and twist facts, specializing in lies and half-truths. Your emotions, not your logical thinking abilities, are their target....................................................

So why does the Society get an exemption from the historical fact that they have presented propaganda as truth? Propaganda changes but does the truth?

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

Great points! Marked

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit