Best "wake-up-call"-arguments?!

by Mr Fool 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vindico
    Vindico

Mr. Fool can you post a link to number 4? And Hortenzie instead of being a dick, why don't you try to help fool in their quest

of trying to enlighten someone.

• Hortenzie
    Hortenzie

Dear Vindico, I'll ignore your insult and just answer your question. I tried to show Mr. Fool that his reasoning cannot be used as he suggested and point out the reasons why. Just read carefully all my posts (using the English dictionary if you have to) and think about it.

Mr. Fool, if I remember correctly, the Propaganda magazine had a serie of three articles in a row. I'm not sure if you read them all, if not you might want to read them all to get the full picture.

And don't get mad at me, I would love to use that "it's all just an opinion" reasoning but that's not what they meant. And most JWs would see it and certainly point that out. Even those not-too-smart ones would instinctively know that's not what the org. meant so this reasoning wouldn't be effective.

• wasblind
    wasblind

mark

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Mr. Fool is correct. The WT does print propaganda. Their quote is ironic and disingenous. What the WT really means is this, " WE are GOD's channel, not you. WE have THE TRUTH, not you. YOUR ideas are just opinion and you should recognize that. OUR ideas are truth, and you should discard your faulty opinions for our ideas."

So, Hotenzie is right when he says that WT does not mean what they write. Remember what David Splane said about the nu-light concerning the domestics? He said, " We love this idea!.." A rational mind realizes that this is an idea, nothing more. Truth be told, I am sure they said "idea" on purpose. That way they can always change it later.

A JW mind hears these words from a GB member and it is gospel truth. If said it was just an opinion to your Elders, you would quickly find yourself in the back room. Remember that JW leaders violate their own criteria for truth that was presented at the "GOD'S WORD IS TRUTH" DC. You can't win an argument with someone who is not humble and does not love truth.

DD

• Mr Fool
    Mr Fool

Thanks all for your point of view ;-)

If I put the question like this instead (after showing jw the article): -What does it mean that the quality of our reasonings are after all, opinions? (the translation in my language = "only opinions")

Here is the link: http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102000443

• Hortenzie
    Hortenzie

You certainly can read the first two sentences and then ask: "Does the organization teaches you HOW to think or WHAT to think?" They may not answer but, hopefully, they'll get the point.

DATA-DOG Just because somebody calls me dick doesn't mean I'm a guy (he), Hortenzie is a girl's name and that person was really insulting. Furthermore, we all know that JWs use propagaga, that wasn't the point. Read his 1st post. He was trying to use their quotation against them without considering the intent and context.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Sorry Hortenzie, I did not realize you were female. Also, I was defending your viewpoint. JW's don't have opinions, they have the truth(tm).

• wasblind
    wasblind

Jehovah's Witnesses claim

" They hold to the Bible as the standard for all thier beliefs"_____Reasoning from the Scriptures book page 199

Yes, they even emphasized the All

But later they point out in thier own literature, that one of thier standards

that caused many to die needlessly , was in fact not Bible based

On page 71 in the Reasoning book

The Society said that whole blood is equated to idolitry and fornication

and that even a fraction should be avoided

Come to find out, this was not Bible based but an opinion

from men, who told the sheep " What to think "

" as for the various fractions derived from those components__and produducts that contain such fractions_ the Bible does not comment on these "_____August Awake, 2006 pAGES 11-12 BLOOD WHY SO VALUABLE

• Hortenzie
    Hortenzie

It's OK, I was just joking ...

Also I actually like when people disagree with me, it helps me to look at things from different angles, what I really don't like is when people answer without actually reading the posts carefully first.

• Mr Fool
    Mr Fool

Hortenzie, tell me this; what´s published in Awake (outside the wt study editions) is only for the public and is not directed to the Jw´s at all?? If that´s the case I can understand your point. If that´s not the case, "we" means anyone who read it, and that includes any JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit