ARE YOU AN ANGRY and BITTER APOSTATE?

by Hummingbird001 40 Replies latest jw friends

• label licker
    label licker

Why don't you ask all those bitter guys in the bible that couldn't walk away from their mishaps but had to put it in a book and make sure the whole world gets to read it from generation to generation?????????

So glad that we can read the more modern experiences from sites like these to know that we aren't alone. Helps us to deal with the mental and emotional abuse that they accuse us of doing to ourselves if only we had listened to them yet they are the ones that rip families apart and cause suicides ect....

Has anyone ever gone to check up on those ones that walked away quietly to really know how they are doing?

• Hummingbird001
    Hummingbird001

NewYork44M, yes that's how I feel, too. I spoke frankly to my children about how I regretted raising them as JWs. They all say they felt they were raised well and we're happy growing up. We are all OUT now. So we make the most of holidays and birthdays now. We put the past in the past, don't dwell on it and just enjoy our lives. I am going back to school, as an older student. Scarey and exciting! My children are married into great non-JW families and I look forward to grandchildren one day (soon, I hope!) whom I will be able to share holidays, birthdays and lots of family time with! Family time NOT spent sitting in a chair listening to bad speakers lecture us on not doing enough.

• Hummingbird001
    Hummingbird001

I guess my attitude toward my JW past is along the lines of "Whew! Thank god that's over!"

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

I am not angry nor bitter, I am relieved.But I was angry for over more then 30 years, for not dare saying to all the friends, that something was very, very wrong with the Soc.

I was angry for all the time spent on assemblies, alla the mile runned accross my country, holding speeches, all the hours spent "in the service", trying to carrying ot a big fat lie.

But now I am relieved, all my 6 children has left this org. only my wife is still in. I only regret that I hadnĀ“t the strength to quit earlier.

Bugbear

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

No I'm not. There are so many ways to screw up your life, a cult is just one way. Also people all over the world have to cope with diverse problems, war, hunger, grinding poverty, disability, serious illness, filthy water.......

It's hard work making a new life but it's possible for us. Some people in developing countries will never make it and just as with us it is not their fault either.

• Hummingbird001
    Hummingbird001

My friend reads here too, but doesn't post much. She likes the facebook group better. So thank you all for the replies. I know she will read them! I just want her to move past the anger and be happy.

(You know I love you, sister-friend!)

• Simon
    Simon

I think everyone goes through a stage of being angry and from there most people take two paths:

• Some want to use their energy to destroy - the WTS hurt them so they want to hurt them back.
    • Some want to use their energy to help others avoid what they suffered or cope with the pain.

Whichever course we each decide to take, it's our choice to make.

From what I've seen and my own experience I think the first is pointless and is only ever going to be unsatisfying because the chances of someone destroying a large religion is practically zero so it's going to end in disappointment. I've seen many people take the bitter / angry path and ultimately hurt their families as a result.

Supporting others and helping them leave is more achievable and fulfilling because every person that leaves is a victory.

Although you can get burnt out from either, I think it's easier to take a step back and have a breather from the latter than the former as people paint themselves into a corner where they are seen to have given up if they stop. It's not a good place to be IMO.

BTE: It doesn't means that option 2 doesn't mean you're not angry and don't feel anger - it's just that you channel it differently. Like Luke instead of Vader.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i feel irritated with the decisions i made in life based on the belief that the generation that saw the events of 1914 would also see the end.

i think i lost a lot

• minimus
    minimus

i never was angry.

it is what it is. crying or screaming about it changes nothing.

move on and enjoy your life.

there are dickheads everywhere.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Good answer Simon, I was angry at first, having had my childhood and most of my adulthood stolen, and worse than that, having been lied to for all those years by the WT.

I soon got to Simon's second option, as being the one that was the best for me, and the most worthwhile of the two.

The "angry and bitter Apostate" is mainly a figment of the WT's imagination, basically another one of their lies, but is poweful propaganda for them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit