"Peace and Security"!!!! JW.ORGs best and last chance for fulfilment.

by scotoma 22 Replies latest jw friends

• scotoma
    scotoma

In the old Revelation book there was a section on the cry "peace and security.

"14 In recent years, politicians have used the phrase “peace and security” to describe various
    human schemes. Do such efforts by world leaders constitute the beginning of the fulfillment of 1
    Thessalonians 5:3? Or was Paul referring only to a specific event of such dramatic proportions
    that it will claim world attention? Since Bible prophecies are often completely understood only
    after they are fulfilled or in the course of fulfillment, we will have to wait and see. Meanwhile,
    Christians know that whatever peace and security the nations may appear to have achieved,
    basically nothing will have changed. Selfishness, hatred, crime, family breakdown, immorality,
    sickness, sorrow, and death will still be here. That is why no cry of “peace and security” needs to
    mislead you, if you remain awake to the meaning of world events and heed the prophetic
    warnings in God’s Word.—Mark 13:32-37; Luke 21:34-36."

In a couple weeks they will be studying another attempt to interpret this prophecy. They seem to
    be more confident that the cry of Peace and Security is a "signal event". What is a signal event.
    A signal event is the event that marks the beginning of something of "SIGNificance. It's a sign.

WHAT EVENTS SIGNAL THE END OF OUR WAITING?

9-11. Has 1 Thessalonians 5:3 been fulfilled? Explain.

9 Read 1Thessalonians 5:1-3In the near future, the nations will say “Peace and security!” If we
    are not to be caught off guard by this declaration, we need to “stay awake and keep our senses.”
    (1Thess. 5:6) To help us stay awake spiritually, let us briefly review events that have set the stage
    for this noteworthy proclamation.

10 In the aftermath of each of the two world wars, the nations clamored for peace. After the first
    world war, the League of Nations was formed in the hope of bringing peace. Later, after the
    second global war, the United Nations became a popular hope of bringing peace to the earth.
    Government and religious leaders have looked to those agencies to bring about peaceful
    conditions for mankind. For example, in 1986, the United Nations sanctioned a highly publicized
    International Year of Peace. That year, leaders from many nations and religions joined the head
    of the Catholic Church in Assisi, Italy, to offer prayers for peace.

11 However, neither that proclamation of peace and security nor others like it have been the
    fulfillment of the prophecy recorded at1 Thessalonians 5:3 Why not? Because the foretold
    “sudden destruction” has not yet occurred.

Following the proclamation of “Peace and security!” political elements of Satan’s system will
    suddenly turn on false religion and wipe it out. Never again will Babylon the Great be seen!
    Surely it is worth waiting patiently for such momentous events.—.

CURRENT EVENTS DEVELOPING IN THE MID EAST.

Secretary of State Kerry has been relentless in his push for a middle east peace with the
    formation of a Palestinian state. He has the backing of the European Union which has offered
    big incentives to boths sides in the form of financial aid and attractive trade status. The Saudi's
    are on board. Russia is also favorable.

Obama got the Nobel Peace Prize for being elected and has only delivered drones. He needs to
    polish his image with some kind of noteworthy legacy that fulfills the promise of his election.Lame ducks turn to foreign affairs because they know progress will be hindered in the domestic sphere. Obama is especially a lame duck because of his domestic record.

Obama hates the Clintons. The last thing he would like to see is Hillary and Bill steal the
    spotlight by moving back into the White House. He wants to remain the symbol of American
    progress even after he leaves the presidency. He doesn't want to share his beloved stage by bumping into Clinton everywhere he goes.

Obama and Kerry have a deal. If Kerry can get Obama a spectacular peace agreement between
    Israel and Palestine Obama will anoint Kerry as the Democratic candidate for President in 2016.

The one thing that will drive the Mideast peace is the opportunity to get on the money wagon.
    As the glut of oil continues with American energy independence Lebanese, Palestinians, and
    Israelis will want to get in on the next wave of economic expansion.

The proposed date for getting this agreement is April 2014. A declaration of peace right around
    the Memorial (April 14) would certainly be a tempting trap for JW's to feel the Destruction of
    Babylon The Great is at hand. This will be their final test. If some catastrophic event follows a
    declaration of peace in the middle east JWs will have the next 100 years to claim their prophetic
    role.

If this scenario unfolds what will you do?

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Another case of:

"Jesus will return to earth next year!".........tumbleweed........

One year passes......... more tumbleweed......

"Wait, wait he DID return.. INVISIBLY!" ...oooooh !

• alanv
    alanv

Throughout history there have been times when there is relative peace and security. If your scenario happens it is good but does nothing for other parts of the world that have their own troubles. Religion is still extremenly strong in some countries. Muslims are a good example, where young men line up to be suicide bombers to support their religious beliefs.

• Mandette
    Mandette

I remember being at a district convention in 1986, when they tried the "peace and security" thing. And the Middle East has been a hot mess for thousands of years. The weapons have just "improved".

blah blah blah.....

• scotoma
    scotoma

Alany,

Don't misunderstand me. I don't buy into the JW.Org prophecy. I am merely using this as an example of how world events could give them an extension of their story. False religion can only be destroyed by scientific truth. The Soviet Union already tried to wipe out religion by force and it obviously didn't work. Peace in Israel followed by any kind of significant world crisis would give JW's what they want. It doesn't have to be exactly as they predict.

Don't forget. Predictions about 1914, although wrong in substance, gave them enough credibility to carry them for a hundred years.

They could get lucky again!!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Interesting is it not when that actual proclamation (Peace and Security) was made in biblical times ,

there were instances of that proclamation being made by certain kingdom rulers and this has happened

variously throughout human history.

Oh well I guess the WTS. heads don't expect their members to be educated on human history.

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

My mother informed me a few years ago, that the UN website had "Peace and Security" as their header on their website.

There is a tab there, titled Peace and Security.

http://www.un.org/en/peace/ (website of the "disgusting thing" mentioned in the July Watchtower)

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Peace and Security??? You mean like the first two words out of this ladie's mouth?

http://www.youtube.com/user/osce

Interestingly, the WTBTS was, and may still be associated with the OSCE.

DD

• heathen
    heathen

that's what I think there fw , the UN has already taken the role as a peace keeper with a security counsel . GOD's kingdom is the only thing that can deliver the peace and security we really want since he has a license to kill whoever he wants . The way I see it now is that the UN is the disgusting thing causing desolation and if they send the peace keeping force to Israel will most likely cause serious events , the romans claimed to bring peace but all they did was destroy jerusalem and enslave everyone that didn't die during the siege , I hear alot of fundies wanting to be in Israel believing that's where christ returns when they tear down the dome on the rock and build a temple , not me , I think he returns after whatever disaster happens there . After the scarlet beast destroys the whore of babylon, (RCC) and affiliates ,we are then faced with the 666 beast and forcing of a mark on all

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

The post is just so full of supposition its hard to take seriously. Obama hates the clintons? He has a secret deal with Kerry predicated on the middle east getting back to the bargaining table? He wants to be the symbol for America after his presidency?

Its just hard to take any of that seriously.

The "cry of peace and security" is something they have backed off, because so many people have already said it, and that day was not "instantly upon them".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit