circuit assembly in cleveland -the good, the bad, and the ugly

by nowwhat? 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

Just by being a Jehovha's Witness he is thus by defaut neither cool nor funny... and his feet most certainly are not planted firmly on the the ground.

Now, his presentation could be cool and funny, and his feet could be planed on the the ground of Mr. Roger's Land of Make-Believe. That is certainly possible.

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

At an expected donation of $75 per family, which will not be happening - I wonder how long the society will continue with SAD/CA. They are no longer the cash cow they used to be.

For $75 I know far more fun things to do with my family...

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

But, he seems to be reasonable and wants elders to be more humble and approachable.

Are you sure this CO is actually even an Elder? What heresy is he promoting?

"reasonable"

"humble"

"approachable"

These are not words commonly associated with Pharisees....

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

he said the end could be here before the warranty expires on our next big purchase.

I just bought a $1000. worth of green bananas. So the end should be here in the next 5-10 days?

Since each of our big purchases will naturally have totally different warranties, evidently Armageddon will come before the end of each of our specific warranties expire. The new light is that Armageddon is an event which occurs for each individual separately, you see.

So for you, specifically, yes, you should expect your personal Armageddon shortly, but only if you purchased said bananas after the time and day that the brother made that remark. Note that he said "your next big purchase", not "your last one". You'll have to check your invoice's date and time against nowwhat?'s notes from the assembly.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

What was the CO's name?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

he said the end could be here before the warranty expires on our next big purchase.

..............A JW`s Next Big Purchase........................................Is WatchTower..

............................................................................................................................................ photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

The worldy custom of having a superbowl party? I swear these guys just seem like Droopy dog in my mind.

I can't have fun because I chose this life path, so therfore all other fun is to be discouraged.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

BROTHER ADAMS IS THE C.O. I THINK HE CAME FROM VIRGINIA, sounds a little like mr. rogers. anyone know him?

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

Armageddon will come before the overlapping warranties expire. The warranty on your new dishwasher will overlap with the warranty on the TV you plan to purcahse in 3 years.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

do we practice the worldly custom of having a super bowl party?

Yes this is discussed in the Bible, denouncing Super Bowl parties, there was only two football teams at the time

The Babylon Conquerers and the Judean Passovers but nevertheless they were discouraged at that time too.

Worshiping football teams has pagan origins.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit