circuit assembly in cleveland -the good, the bad, and the ugly

by nowwhat? 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

the good- new D.O. brother cuei{?] really cool and funny, feet planted firmly on the the ground. the usual good council on how we can save alot of grief by applying bible principles, etc. some overkill. elders need to do a better job of being approachable and loving shephards.

the bad- expenses related to our assembly, $13,500 !!!!!!!!!! for a family of five broken down i would have to donate $75.00! yeah, right.

a few teenagers and relatives got baptised plus a 12 and a 14 year old!! both home schooled TRAIN WRECK IN 6-8 YEARS!

i see so many brothers that came in the "truth" in the late 1960's that are now in walkers and wheelchairs, so much for never growing old in this system.

the C.O. he would make a good bean counter, no personality. he said the end could be here before the warranty expires on our next big purchase. last year he said, do we practice the worldly custom of having a super bowl party?

the ugly- see the bad

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

he said the end could be here before the warranty expires on our next big purchase.

I just bought a $1000. worth of green bananas. So the end should be here in the next 5-10 days?

Question: what if your "next big purchase" has a lifetime warranty? You're S.O.L. on Armageddon dreams, my friend.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The Borg is really adept at mixing personalities for maximun effect. You get the good cop, bad cop method used over and over. If a C.O or D.O is too boring or abrasive, they may be moved somewhere else. If someone is too nice or balanced, they will be relocated as well. It's all about mediocrity at it's finest.

DD

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What if my next big purchase is a tub of silver? I don't know what the warranty on a tub of silver is, but if you keep it away from sulfer, it should last quite a while. Maybe even long enough to see the sun swallow up the earth in a few billion years. Keep it out of the air, and it might last forever.

Now, on the other hand, if your next purchase is a computer, you are probably going to find yourself replacing or upgrading it long before Armageddon. I bought mine in 2006 with 1 GB of RAM and Windows XP. In 2012 I opened the case (the warranty was expired), pulled the 512 MB sticks out (two of them) and put 4 sticks of 1 GB each, for 4 GB. (That is the max the motherboard allows.) I disabled the original 200 GB hard drive and placed a 1 TB drive in, installing Windows 7 32 bit edition at the same time. I also put in a nice new power supply.

And, I can assure you, before Armageddon comes, I will be replacing the motherboard and processor (necessary if I wish to install the 32 or 64 GB of RAM I eventually will need if these flash based ads keep hogging my processor), a new processor, a 4 TB hard drive, a new DVD drive, and Windows 9 or 10. That is, unless I just feel like getting a whole new computer and skipping the work and learning process to assemble my own--which is useful if you wish to learn to fix them as a barter trade. And be assured, that skill is far more valuable than pious-sneering.

• carla
    carla

" last year he said, do we practice the worldly custom of having a super bowl party?"- yeah I wanna see this one in action! add it to Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc... let 'em try and have that 'holiday' the day after! bwahahaha

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"expenses related to our assembly, $13,500 !!!!!!!!!! for a family of five broken down i would have to donate $75.00! yeah, right."

When the publishers need money, they're told to rely on Jehovah.

When the organization needs money, they clearly rely on the publishers.

Multi-level marketing scam.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"he said the end couldbe here before the warranty expires on our next big purchase."

When the word couldis in there, the entire statement is meaningless. Replace it with couldn't and you have an equally valid statement.

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

Warranty Period? Yea, maybe on his new leased vehicle, but why should he care, he doesn't even pay for the gasoline he uses anyway!

• sir82
    sir82

Cui was my instructor for elders' school a while back.

As JW big-wigs go, he seemed pretty reasonable.

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

I think its spelled Cua. He's a cool guy. Loves to laugh at his own jokes. But, he seems to be reasonable and wants elders to be more humble and approachable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit