My little sister

by Nika Bee 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Island Man
    Island Man

As the others have said w rite her that you will love her unconditionally, that you will always be her loving sister. If you're not disfellowshipped ask her why she would want to cut ties with you when even the organization says that family ties remain between disfellowhipped ones and their family - and send her a link to that jw.org FAQ saying that . If nothing else it should get her wondering why jw.org says one thing while the study editions of the Watchtower says another.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Ooh, excellent suggestion, Island Man.

• clarity
    clarity

"My little sister" says it all Nica.

You must have so many soft feelings for her.

It does hurt ....she is like your child...in a way.

I am so sorry.

What ever you do, don't be too hasty to set her

straight.

She will resent it. ("you are not the boss of me!")

haha darn kids anyway!

Pretend that she is older & wiser than you.

Get her to straighten you out..ask questions,

praise her. All I can think of at this moment.

Best of luck

clarity

• Nika Bee
    Nika Bee

Thank you for all the answers, suggestions and understanding.

Brija-del-sol, I am sorry, I know it hurts.

She is 16 now, they just had two weeks of holidays over there, which she spent mostly with jw friends.

I don't think she knows herself exactly, what she means by talk to me like before. Generally we don't talk (or write) about jw related stuff. About many other things. sometimes I think her links about things that I find interesting, I don't want to scare her, so it's nothing related to jw, just things that I hope help her to see how varied the world is.

In many things I think she is wiser than me, but she is also young and vulnerable. She is very intelligent, but also very emotional. She is the most caring person I know, from a very age on. I could imagine that she is scared that her safe little world gets shaken. She writes, she has to limit her contact with me, because I don't share anymore, what is most important in her life, because I turned my back to her friend, god.

She is very eloquent and writes beautifully, but I can see in which passages she uses exactly the words that we heard over and over again at the meetings, and in which parts she writes for herself.

I am reading one of Steve Hassan's book right now. Thank you everyone for the excellent answers!

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Loads of great advice here.don't judge her, just love her. Assure her that you will always be there.don't attack the cult, pretend it doesn't bother you.don't give the Borg any air time.

Thinking of you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit