My little sister

by Nika Bee 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Nika Bee
    Nika Bee

My little sister is 14 years younger than me. She was always special to me, I took care of her, when my mother was working, I carried her around, I comforted her. We are very similar in our interests for music and literature.

She is in secondary school, an unbaptised publisher.

Since I study in the US, we only see each other about once a year. She knows my feelings about the organisation, although we never really talked about it. We always had something more important to talk about. Or so I thought.

Today I received an email from her, saying that she can't talk to me as before. It was a long email, and she seemed confused, about what she means. I don't know, what triggered this, but from reading it, it seems as if her cult presona and real self in her are battling.

It makes me so sad and angry.

I don't know if and what I should answer. I rpobably should sleep about it first.

I know it's not a unique story, and there are many of you who will understand how it is.

Thanks for reading.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Has she recently got baptised?

• happy@last
    happy@last

Oh dear, maybe tell her how much you love her no conditions attached and ask why she thinks she needs to attach conditions.

• Nika Bee
    Nika Bee

cantleave: no, not yet, but I suspect that she is "working towards it"

happy@last: when she was about 6 years old, she wrote me a very cute letter saying: "you showed me what real love between sisters is"

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi Nika Bee, Write your response and then sleep on it.

BTW have you read Steve Hassan's books (i.e., "Combatting Cult Mind Control", "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves", and (his latest book) "Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones Leave Controlling People, Cults and Beliefs"), visited his website www.freedomofmind.com, or watched his FREE videos on his website? Following Steve Hassan's methods may help improve your relationships with your JW family.

Your best response would be to ask simple questions, like why the sudden change of heart and that you love her unconditionally like how Jesus Christ taught Christians to love. If you still have the letter that your sister wrote to you, can you copy it and send it to her. You could even ask her where in the Bible did Jesus Chirst shun or not associate with non-jews.

Best of wishes helping your sister think critically for herself.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

How old is she now? What exactly is meant by "can't talk to me like before". Does that mean can't talk to you at all, or can't discuss JW related stuff? Not clear.

• whathappened
    whathappened

She is in secondary school so that means she is a teenager now. She may be is influenced by her JW friends and may be getting baptised and feels she needs to do this. More questions than answers at this point.

• mzmmom
    mzmmom

Reply, tell her you love her unconditionally and will always be there for her. Leave it at that.

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

Sleep on it, write down what you would like to say to her, look it over, add or delete. As others have said, let her know you will always love her unconditionally, just as Christ did/does. The people who she sees every day are influencing her, ask some questions. I hope this all works out.

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

It's so sad to read this. My youngest sister got in touch with me when she was sixteen and I was already a couple of years DF'd. She didn't want the religion anymore, she was struggling with gay feelings and secretly celebrated her birthday with her schoolfriends in the shopping mall... I was happy that she confided in me, but I knew it could change overnight, which it did. I got angry with my parents about them trying to keep me away from my sister and wrote about it on my blog. All of a sudden I was bad, evil etc. Not long after that she decided to become a witness after all and did all she could to 'hook' an elder's son, in which she succeeded, and got baptized and married and is now playing the perfect JW-housewife, mother of two and from what I know she hates my guts. Haven't heard from her in a long time and actually I don't care anymore after the things she did to try to hurt and harm me on the internet.

With a lot of JW-born in teenagers it's soooo unpredictable which way they will turn. One moment they hate being a witness and before you know it they're baptized and hooked by the cult. Creepy and terribly sad.

In your case I would try what the others already suggested. Write her that you will love her unconditionally, that you will always be her loving sister and that there is no need to cut all ties.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit