New arrangement from C.O.

by Doctor Who 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TheListener
    TheListener
    That must be why my wife doesn't call in when she misses a meeting.
  • Driving Force
    Driving Force
    In the congregation I belonged to, everybody can have the code, but everybody has a unique code so they know exactly who has called-in, or if the code has been abused by giving it to someone else.
  • kairos
    kairos
    My wife has listened to the meeting while we were on a road trip from her cell phone.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    It's like she said. He's just an asshole.
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    There is no "official" policy letter on this. Hes just being an overzeaous asshole
  • blondie
    blondie

A KH near me with 3 congregations meeting

1) gives it to anyone and allows them to pass it on, not changed for years

2) practically have to have a doctor's note to get the number

3) gets the number from #1 congregation

Powermongers #2

• fastJehu
    fastJehu
    In my "old" KH one elder checked every number tied in. If he don't know the number (person) - he called them afterwards to check - who it is. CONTROL-FREAKs.
  • JakeM2012
    JakeM2012
    I thought there was a thread on this a few years ago. It changed around 2009?, 2010. From what I got the WTBTS reasoning was that if people didn't come to the kingdom hall personally they couldn't get donations.
  • Doctor Who
    Doctor Who
    I know for a fact the code is changed every month to keep people off the tie in. You have to ask the Elders for the code each month if you want to listen in. We had on brother who took a job in the evening so he could support his family. The Elders refused to give him the pin number. The reason was that he wasn't trusting in Jehovah.
  • Magnum
    Magnum
    Good grief! How could anybody listen to that over the phone? It's boring enough when one's there in person.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit