New arrangement from C.O.

by Doctor Who 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

I think most on here will be familiar with the caller hook up system that many congregations use. Well, we just had our C.O. visit about 2 months ago. During our Servant and Elders meeting he was talking up the importance of meeting attendance and how we "Gods spirit appointed men" must take the lead on making every meeting.

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

WOW...90% of my post got cut out!

Anyways....long story short...I took my sister on a picnic this past Sunday and she wanted to hear the meeting. So she asked me for the pin # for the caller hookup. I told her I didn't know it even though I did. So she called her Service Overseer for the # but he wouldn't give it to her because she wasn't sick but and I quote "goofing off and not at Jehovah's table."

My sister was furious and hung up immediately and said "What an ass!" Yep....I think I need to plan another brunch/picnic on a Sunday.

Has anyone else heard of this 'new policy" to control who uses the telephone tie in?

• cha ching
    cha ching
    Wow! Does the code change with each meeting? Is that how they control who does and doesn't listen?
  • rip van winkle
    rip van winkle
    No, it was that way years ago too.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I bet there are quite a few JWS who do that just to make it look like they are listening even though they aren't attending the Hall.

JWS are so pretentious..

Well if they dont show up or do this, guess who may get suspicious and make a phone call or drop by unannounced.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Same here. The elders are very controlling about who gets access to the PIN number!

Pure control issues....

(I just give it out to anyone who asks anyway...)

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Thats his personal policy
  • Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    This got changed bout 2 years ago. I'm pretty sure there was an elders letter about it. Phone hookup is supposed to be more restricted now.
  • William Penwell
    William Penwell
    As far as I know they don't give this our to just every dub but only those they deem as having a legit reason, otherwise their fear would be everyone would just stay home and listen to it via phone feed.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Yep I heard they do this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit