TTATT family blow out

by redvip2000 40 Replies latest watchtower bible

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Thank you for sharing. I read this with immense pleasure. Good job! :D

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

If you had a big enough audience, I'm sure you planted some seeds that will grow in the future. Once the seed germinates, GOOGLE is only a click away.

How much time did you count?

Doc

• cofty
    cofty

Thanks for sharing that Redvip, very well done.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Interesting - the power of cognitive dissonance still amazes me.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I admire the way you handled it, well done.

I would just add the small Caveat that I doubt it will shake any of them, they will do the usual, lazy JW thing of not checking whether you are telling it as it is, and they will console themselves with "WE can trust the Slave".

It is sad, doubly frustrating, but true, I'm afraid.

However, I do believe that every bit of Info. that came my way that added to my Cognitive Dissonance over the years, did contribute and help me to wake up, and to eventually walk away.

You may see no results for a long time, but I hope you have helped some of your family.

Well done again, the fact that you were so clued up, and so sure of your facts, must at some level give them pause for thought.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

A case of people being brainwashed through coercion and fear of what is really decisive ignorance.

JWs are taught that everything the WTS. teaches is truthful cause well because its being guided and

approved by Jehovah's holy spirit.

To think otherwise is objecting Jehovah's chosen ones.

The two most prominent components of the JW organization is power and ignorance .

No wonder people when you talk about some of the teachings/doctrines of the WTS. they get so objectively close minded.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Good job. My advice now, would be to get them trying to demonstrate you were wrong on those subjects rather than feeding them more 'Apostate' info.

My lot backed down with a thorough job done on the few subjects I chose to give them. They didn't leave but they behave themselves around me. They don't have the balls to leave.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi redvip2000, I'm glad that your family decided not to shun you for now.

You might have planted more seeds with them if you asked them more questions like: "Did you ask the elders whether the organization is inspired? or What did you learn from your research about ______ and did you just use WTBTS resources like Cubans only use their approved resources?"

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Fascinating, thanks. I particularly like the way you referred to the the Watchtower's own publications, and an encyclopaedia. That is the best way of dealing with these kinds of awkward conversations - just stick to the published facts. Keep the emotion out and avoid vague generalities or subjective opinions.

Here's a great website that only contains the Watchtower's own (very embarrassing) quotes http://www.quotes-watchtower.co.uk/ that is a very powerful tool indeed to awaken brainwashed and ignorant minds.

Or else ask Blondie, our resident guru on all things Watchtower quotes.

Good advice by Black Sheep to leave it at that and put the onus on them to prove your factual statements wrong. That might tempt one or two of them to do a spot of research.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Seeds are planted. They can't unhear what you said. Just keep showing them love and be there to answer any questions they might have as their beloved org screws them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit